Author Topic: The Truth about Climate-Related Mortality  (Read 188 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Truth about Climate-Related Mortality
« on: March 22, 2024, 04:06:33 pm »
THURSDAY, MARCH 21, 2024
The Truth about Climate-Related Mortality
Disaster mortality seems to be a perfectly useful metric for understanding climate change—when the numbers show millions of people dying in a hypothetical future.

Jon Miltimore

In his recent State of the Union address, President Joe Biden ditched the term “climate change.”

Apparently, the phrase isn’t scary enough. Instead, as the New York Times noted, Biden employed a different alliterative phrase: climate crisis.

That the Earth’s climate is changing and human activity influences these changes to some degree or another is something that few today deny. But the claim that these changes represent a crisis to humanity deserves scrutiny.

It’s an undisputed fact that climate-related deaths have plummeted over the last century.

The International Disaster Database is a dataset comprised of more than 26,000 mass disasters since 1900, and it is maintained by the Centre for Research on the Epidemiology of Disasters at the University of Louvain in Brussels. It shows climate-related deaths have fallen 99.5% since 1920.

https://fee.org/articles/the-truth-about-climate-related-mortality/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: The Truth about Climate-Related Mortality
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2024, 04:14:02 pm »
If the Global Climate Change cabal bans chemical fertilizers, there will be a massive increase in the number of climate-related deaths due to drought and starvation.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright