Author Topic: Frustrated parents, teachers demand schools bring back police to curb violence: 911 calls 'almost ev  (Read 545 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Frustrated parents, teachers demand schools bring back police to curb violence: 911 calls 'almost every day'
Buffalo Public Schools removed off-duty officers from inside schools in 2021
By Kristine Parks Fox News
Published March 21, 2024 5:00pm EDT

Parents and teachers in Buffalo, New York, are fed up with the ongoing violence in their schools and are calling on school leaders to beef up security for the safety of students and staff.

"We have had a fight at every single school, every single day," Pastor James Giles of the WNY Peacemakers told Buffalo news station, WIVB-TV.

The violence has been so regular that staff have had to call the police "almost every day," one teacher at Riverside Academy described.

"If we are calling 9-1-1 literally almost every day at Riverside, I think we need a full time officer in the building, which we used to have," Riverside teacher Marc Bruno told the news outlet.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/frustrated-parents-teachers-demand-schools-bring-back-police-curb-violence-911-calls-almost-every-day
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Unless and until the schools and parents are willing to reinstate corporal punishment (which means the Social Workers would have to be neutered) and enforce their rules from kindergarten on, they are going to have problems.

There's no downside to this crap, everything in media is fomenting hatred where there was none, in the minds of the students, justifying anything they do, and the perps know they will get away with it.

How in the Hell are you going to teach kids anything but jungle rules in that environment?

The schools and imho especially all the social workers (with a boost from media) have created this problem, and they can fix it by getting 'old school'--but that would require growing a set, and a community to back them up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis