Author Topic: Marjorie Taylor Greene calls for new speaker ahead of spending deal vote  (Read 2004 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Marjorie Taylor Greene calls for new speaker ahead of spending deal vote
By
Rachel Schilke
March 22, 2024 10:53 am

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) became one of the first House Republicans on Friday to float the idea of replacing Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) as the chamber prepares to vote on its final set of spending bills for the fiscal year.

“We need a Speaker of the House who will fight to secure America’s border at all cost! Not one that passes a trillion dollar Democrat wish list that continues the border invasion, funds the weaponized government, and breaks our own conference rules,” Greene wrote in a post on X.

“I’m done with this one,” she added.

https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1770985620946473416

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/2933709/marjorie-taylor-greene-new-speaker-spending-deal-vote/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here we go again.... 9999hair out0000

By
Cami Mondeaux
March 22, 2024 11:46 am

House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) is set to face his own possible ouster after expediting a bipartisan spending package through the lower chamber on Friday just hours before a scheduled government shutdown.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) filed a motion to vacate against the speaker on Friday, accusing the speaker of failing to do more to secure America’s border and for working with Democrats on a bipartisan spending deal.

“We need a Speaker of the House who will fight to secure America’s border at all cost! Not one that passes a trillion dollar Democrat wish list that continues the border invasion, funds the weaponized government, and breaks our own conference rules,” Greene wrote in a post on X earlier Friday.

The threat comes after weeks of frustration from hardline Republicans toward Johnson, which came to a boiling point this week after the speaker finalized a spending agreement for the remaining six appropriations bills in a series of closed-door negotiations without lawmaker input.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/2933865/speaker-johnnson-motion-to-vacate-mtg/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline libertybele

Here we go again.... 9999hair out0000

By
Cami Mondeaux
March 22, 2024 11:46 am

House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) is set to face his own possible ouster after expediting a bipartisan spending package through the lower chamber on Friday just hours before a scheduled government shutdown.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) filed a motion to vacate against the speaker on Friday, accusing the speaker of failing to do more to secure America’s border and for working with Democrats on a bipartisan spending deal.

“We need a Speaker of the House who will fight to secure America’s border at all cost! Not one that passes a trillion dollar Democrat wish list that continues the border invasion, funds the weaponized government, and breaks our own conference rules,” Greene wrote in a post on X earlier Friday.

The threat comes after weeks of frustration from hardline Republicans toward Johnson, which came to a boiling point this week after the speaker finalized a spending agreement for the remaining six appropriations bills in a series of closed-door negotiations without lawmaker input.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/2933865/speaker-johnnson-motion-to-vacate-mtg/

I agree with her.  These idiots playing 'Speaker' have FAILED.  Get someone in there with some backbone.  Unfortunately, the majority in the House has dwindled so there isn't any leverage left.

Why should the people continue to vote for any Republican?  They offer nothing for conservatism, nor really for this Republic.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

Not this s**t again. The Dems are going to love this.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

GOP needs to change its mascot from an elephant to a groundhog.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 04:44:18 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
And then the idiot went and did it...

Rep. MTG Files Motion To Remove Mike Johnson As Speaker Of The House

https://dailycaller.com/2024/03/22/marjorie-taylor-greene-mike-johnson-motion-vacate-chair/

Georgia Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene filed a motion Friday morning for Speaker of the House Mike Johnson to vacate the chair.

Greene called on Johnson to not bring the $1.2 trillion spending bill to the floor for a vote, calling it “a Chuck Schumer, Democrat-controlled bill coming from the ‘Republican-controlled’ House.” She would have to be recognized to try to vacate the speakership, and the House would have to take action within two legislative days. Having not noticed the privilege, the motion cannot be considered until after the recess.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline DefiantMassRINO

House is running out of enough Republicans to hold the majority.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
We will end up with Speaker Jeffries... :smokin:
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

Not this s**t again. The Dems are going to love this.
Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
There's a new motion to vacate the Speaker of the House. And this is how Hakeem Jeffries becomes Speaker because the GOP can't get its act together and turns DC and Puerto Rico into new states and the Democrats will remain in power forever. 
Maybe they should've kept George Santos before doing all of this.
12:51 PM · Mar 22, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline kevindavis007

Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
There's a new motion to vacate the Speaker of the House. And this is how Hakeem Jeffries becomes Speaker because the GOP can't get its act together and turns DC and Puerto Rico into new states and the Democrats will remain in power forever. 
Maybe they should've kept George Santos before doing all of this.
12:51 PM · Mar 22, 2024

DC can't become a state with a Constitutional Amendment. Puerto Rico however, can become a state.  Also, a better idea is to nominate candidates who are not bats**t crazy.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Peoples House?  More like an outhouse.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 05:20:47 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I'm so down on this whole election that sheer entertainment value is now my priority.   So screw it - let this crazy bitch take the House GOP right over that cliff to a fiery death because...why not?  Let's have Trumper nihilism run amok, and see where it takes us!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Hate to say it MTG, you can make bets and threats but you ain't got the cards.

I'm less than impressed with this guy, but with a razor thin majority and without an endgame I think she's in the land of wishful thinking to pull this off a second time and avoid a Jefferies speakership.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

I'm so down on this whole election that sheer entertainment value is now my priority.   So screw it - let this crazy bitch take the House GOP right over that cliff to a fiery death because...why not?  Let's have Trumper nihilism run amok, and see where it takes us!

I definitely don't see any entertainment value.  None. I understand the frustration, but if we don't have a Speaker who is willing to stick up for conservatism priorities such as getting $$ to secure the border which is critical, then what good is he????  Caving to the DEMS and allowing them to keep prevailing is not the answer -- BTW, this has absolutely nothing to do with Trump.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

I agree with her.  These idiots playing 'Speaker' have FAILED.  Get someone in there with some backbone.  Unfortunately, the majority in the House has dwindled so there isn't any leverage left.

Why should the people continue to vote for any Republican?  They offer nothing for conservatism, nor really for this Republic.

A handful of hardline conservatives trying to impose their will on the entire government is asinine.  It's like a two year old throwing a tantrum because she can't have jelly beans for dinner.

Conservatives have to be part of a coalition to win, and the rules for coalitions have always been that the majority of the coalition drives the bus.   The unwillingness of certain House conservatives to accept that basic political reality proves their unfitness to govern.

I'll take a RINO before I take a conservative who is a moron.

Offline libertybele

Hate to say it MTG, you can make bets and threats but you ain't got the cards.

I'm less than impressed with this guy, but with a razor thin majority and without an endgame I think she's in the land of wishful thinking to pull this off a second time and avoid a Jefferies speakership.

Ok ... but what's the end game though here???  Allowing the DEMS to keep rolling the GOP over and getting what they want because of fearing a Jefferies speakership?  IF the GOP can't get anything done, then what's the difference?  The DEMS get what they want with or without Jefferies.

If we had several Marjorie Taylor Greene's, and Ted Cruz's who have some darn backbone, we wouldn't be in this situation.  No, instead the GOP holds their tails between their legs and continue to cave, time and time  again and again!

Offline libertybele

A handful of hardline conservatives trying to impose their will on the entire government is asinine.  It's like a two year old throwing a tantrum because she can't have jelly beans for dinner.

Conservatives have to be part of a coalition to win, and the rules for coalitions have always been that the majority of the coalition drives the bus.   The unwillingness of certain House conservatives to accept that basic political reality proves their unfitness to govern.

What is happening is the DEMS are prevailing and the GOP/conservatives are walking away once again with nothing.

Securing the border is paramount to saving not only the GOP but this Republic.  That is what we are up against and the few that are trying to hold the line are far from morons.

Offline roamer_1

I will stand with you. However, by the same token, It could be that frayed nerves have fostered a lack of reason. Assuming a speaker can hit the ground running, turn a behemoth government on-it's-heel and in three months set it in a proper orbit, might just be more than any mere man can do.

In these few months it can hardly be assumed he has even 'settled in', and it takes time to rejigger things. Agreements must be made by bar napkin... Then by eyeball... then by handshake... before they ever get near the scribes. There's a butt-ton to get into different lines than what was.

Askin a bit much.
The emphasis has to be on reduction. And that must take an horrible, seething priority. But good faith has to have time to be restored. And that with little leverage. So figuring the guy has a battle axe and must swing it is, I think, too much.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

I definitely don't see any entertainment value. 

Oh, there's tons!  Given how the GOP margin has shrunk, it'd take just 2-3 more Republicans to join her to vacate the chair.  At that point, I'd fully expect a couple of RINOs who are sick of the circus to elect Jeffries.   And they should.

At that point, you'd see hysterical fingerprinting and panic from Republicans, and open civil war within the GOP.  And tremendous gloating and laughing from the Democrats.

To me, that would be entertaining as hell, and we'd deserve it.

Offline roamer_1

Right  - But it does Conservatives no good to be so complacent as to make no way.  I think you're right. They take it too far. But they have to try to move the needle too. And I applaud that standing.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

What is happening is the DEMS are prevailing and the GOP/conservatives are walking away once again with nothing.

Securing the border is paramount to saving not only the GOP but this Republic.  That is what we are up against and the few that are trying to hold the line are far from morons.

To me, it's the equivalent of righteously demanding an immediate invasion of Japan in January 1942, and sending every scrap of the Army, Navy, and Marines, across the Pacific to land on Honshu and attack Tokyo.

And if you don't support that, you'd be a coward, and definitely not a patriot.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Speaker Mike Johnson Violates Hastert Rule in Passing $1.2 Trillion Government Funding Plan

Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) passed a massive $1.2 trillion government funding plan despite the objections of the majority of House Republicans, violating the Hastert Rule and crossing the Rubicon into dangerous territory for the future of his speakership.
Bradley Jaye22 Mar 2024, 10:29 AM PDT

House Republicans enacted the longstanding rule to prohibit Republican Speakers from colluding with Democrats to pass legislation. But Johnson sent the bill to the Senate despite the objections of 112 Republican colleagues, with only 101 Republican votes in favor, although Johnson and his leadership team applied significant pressure.

Johnson also broke a House rule intended to give lawmakers time to review legislation before a vote. The 1,000-plus page spending bill was presented to members before 3:00 a.m. Eastern on Thursday morning, less than 36 hours before the vote.

The bill now goes to the Senate, which is working to clear hurdles and enable the bill to pass as soon as today. A partial government shutdown would technically begin Saturday morning after midnight, although no significant effects would be felt until Monday.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/03/22/speaker-mike-johnson-violates-hastert-rule-passing-1-2-trillion-government-funding-plan/
Support the USO

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Ok ... but what's the end game though here???  Allowing the DEMS to keep rolling the GOP over and getting what they want because of fearing a Jefferies speakership?  IF the GOP can't get anything done, then what's the difference?  The DEMS get what they want with or without Jefferies.

If we had several Marjorie Taylor Greene's, and Ted Cruz's who have some darn backbone, we wouldn't be in this situation.  No, instead the GOP holds their tails between their legs and continue to cave, time and time  again and again!

Until officials at the national level have the spine to do something, we are backed into a corner. Nobody seems to want to stand up and do the right thing except for a very small minority.

Don't really know what can be done from here. I don't think there's a majority of votes to elect a another GOP speaker even if someone steps up..
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

and open civil war within the GOP.

Perhaps that's what's needed.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Right  - But it does Conservatives no good to be so complacent as to make no way.  I think you're right. They take it too far. But they have to try to move the needle too. And I applaud that standing.

I don't applaud stupid moves even if the motive and intent is pure.  Idiocy kills you just as quickly as bad intentions.

If you want a more conservative House GOP, elect more conservatives.  . But acting as if you have a majority that you don't, and engaging in actions that are sure not only to fail, but to make you even worse off what you were before, is a sure way to discredit conservatives, and elect fewer.

I am so sick of these morons that I'm not even going to vote for the Moreno, the MAGA senatorial nominee in Ohio.  My tolerance for stupid people is at an end.