Author Topic: Op-ed: How Did A Migrant On The FBI’s Terrorist Watch List Get To North Carolina?  (Read 281 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Op-ed: How Did A Migrant On The FBI’s Terrorist Watch List Get To North Carolina?
Only after Awet Hagos was arrested on assault and weapons charges in North Carolina did ICE run fingerprints and find that he was on the terror watch list.

By Todd Bensman on March 21, 2024
AUSTIN, Texas — With an immigrant terrorism scare far from the U.S.-Mexico border, North Carolina now officially joins the no longer very exclusive “every-state-is-a-border state” club.

An immigrant reportedly from Yemen or an area near Yemen appeared in North Carolina’s rural northwest Gates County began firing a rifle outside a Carolina Quick Stop store in the small town of Eure, then attacked responding Gates County Sheriff’s deputies and barricaded himself in a four-hour standoff with them. After the eventual arrest on assault and weapons charges, Sheriff Ray Campbell reported that Awet Hagos of Yemen was on the FBI’s terrorism watch list and that U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) wanted him on an arrest warrant “detainer.”

Only after all this did ICE run fingerprints and find that Hagos was on the terror watch list and had somehow made his way to Haiti and, from there, the United States. He’d been living in the area for six months, the sheriff later told local news, apparently sponsored by the Quick Stop store owner.

I have been unable to independently confirm that Hagos is watch-listed, and the name Hagos is commonly associated with nationals in Eritrea and Ethiopia, although populations of both countries do also reside in Yemen.

This entire circumstance demands a public inquiry and far more national attention.

https://cis.org/Bensman/Oped-How-Did-Migrant-FBIs-Terrorist-Watch-List-Get-North-Carolina
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Was Biden flying them in six months ago?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis