Author Topic: Trump claims he has 'FIVE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS IN CASH' but doesn't mention paying fraud fine wit  (Read 589 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump claims he has 'FIVE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS IN CASH' but doesn't mention paying fraud fine with three days until the deadline

Trump's claim after lawyers said it was 'practical impossibility' to pay full amount
    Judge ordered him to pay $454 million as he appeals
    Trump lawyers asked to lower amount to $100m

By Geoff Earle, Deputy U.S. Political Editor

Published: 08:37 EDT, 22 March 2024 | Updated: 09:48 EDT, 22 March 2024

Donald Trump claimed he has half a billion dollars in cash in series of furious posts on Truth Social ahead of the deadline to pay the $454million New York fraud fine.

The former president didn't mention paying the bond and insisted that a 'substantial amount' of the huge haul of money was set aside for his campaign.

He also hinted that New York Attorney General Letitia James and Judge Engoron chose the huge fine to stop him running for president.

His early morning rant came hours after it was revealed James had made her first moves to seize properties in Westchester – and after his lawyers asked the court to delay the judgment or lower it to a fraction of the amount, citing the inability to obtain underwriting.

The attorney general formally registered judgements in Westchester County where Trump has the two properties just north of Manhattan on March 6.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13227573/trump-500-million-dollars-fraud-fine-letitia-james-seize-assets.html?ico=related-replace
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Please .... hard work, talent and luck????  I'd like to know how much of that $$ was taken from the RNC that perhaps should have or could have been used for candidates down ballot??  Secondly, he says he almost has the $500M, can he even afford to pay his attorneys?? Don't misunderstand what I'm saying as all in all I believe that this happening to him is dead wrong and I hope he prevails.

Trump says he has nearly $500M in cash, suggests he could afford bond in New York AG case, slams 'hack' judge

.........."Through hard work, talent, and luck, I currently have almost five hundred million dollars in cash, a substantial amount of which I intended to use in my campaign for president," Trump posted on his Truth Social Friday morning. .....................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-says-he-has-nearly-500m-cash-suggests-could-afford-bond-new-york-ag-case-slams-hack-judge
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Wondering if he has outstanding mortgages on his properties, does the lien holder get screwed?

Does New York State have the power to record claims before said monies are due...because he could encumber the property with Deeds of Trust...which is what I would do.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Trump "claims" a lot of things.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.