Author Topic: House GOP revolts against speaker over government spending bill: ‘Johnson blew it’  (Read 280 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House GOP revolts against speaker over government spending bill: ‘Johnson blew it’
By
Cami Mondeaux
March 22, 2024 6:00 am

House Republicans are decrying the final government spending legislation up for a vote Friday, accusing House Speaker Mike Johnson of failing to secure key GOP wins in a 1,012-page bill that was largely negotiated behind closed doors without lawmaker input.

The $1.2 trillion minibus legislation has been touted as a win by both Republican and Democratic leaders. But some hard-line Republicans are criticizing the legislation as a “failure of leadership” from Johnson, claiming the party was not able to secure as many policy wins as they should have with their House majority.

“It’s total lack of backbone, total lack of leadership, and a total failure by Republican leadership. There’s no other way to describe it,” Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX) said on Steve Bannon’s War Room on Thursday. “This bill is an abomination.”

Republican leaders have lauded the bill as securing key provisions in terms of border security, including measures to provide funding for 22,000 border agents, a 25% spending increase for border technology, and a 20% cut in federal funding to nongovernmental organizations that provide transportation and food vouchers to immigrants who are released into the country on asylum claims.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2933061/house-gop-revolts-johnson-government-spending-legislation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

I believe MTG just made a motion to vacate the chair.

God Bless her!
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Again, why was this time going to be different?

The House GOP is playing the Dem game by Dem rules.

Declare defeat on FY 2024 Budget ... pass a continuing resolution for the remainder of FY 2024 with modest cuts ... write a supplemental spending bill that give Ukraine twice what was asked for + a provision that says all asylum applicants need to remain outside the United States until their assylum case has been adjudicated.

Taiwan and Israel can wait.

Start legislation and debate on the FY 2025 Budget.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online libertybele

Chip Roy is correct ---  “It’s total lack of backbone, total lack of leadership, and a total failure by Republican leadership. There’s no other way to describe it .... This bill is an abomination.”

So, once again the GOP caved as our Republic continues to crumble.  Nice!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.