Author Topic: Climate Change Attribution: The Quest For Truth Amidst The Chaos  (Read 139 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY DR. MATTHEW WIELICKI ON MAR 21, 2024. POSTED IN NEWS AND OPINION

Climate Change Attribution: The Quest For Truth Amidst The Chaos

The skepticism toward specific climate-attribution studies, especially those claiming a direct causal link between climate change and individual weather events, finds a compelling case in the study attributing dangerous humid heat in southern West Africa to climate change. [emphasis, links added]

This nonpeer-reviewed study posits that because of human-induced climate change, extreme humid heat events, like the one observed in February 2024, have become significantly more intense and are expected to become even more frequent in the future.

Source

A critical point of contention arises from the historical comparison with a similar record set in 1998, the blue line below, and the bold prediction that such events will occur approximately every two years.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/climate-change-attribution-the-quest-for-truth-amidst-the-chaos/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson