Author Topic: Latino voters scoff at CBS News reporter asking if Trump's a threat to democracy: 'Don't buy that ar  (Read 196 times)

Offline libertybele

Latino voters scoff at CBS News reporter asking if Trump's a threat to democracy: 'Don't buy that argument'

Latino voters rejected the accusation that former President Donald Trump is a "threat to democracy" in a recent interview with CBS News, telling network reporter Weijia Jiang they’re "not buying" the line that "democracy is on the ballot in 2024."

Three Hispanic Arizona residents spoke to Jiang for a segment that aired on "CBS Evening News" on Wednesday, telling her they don't believe the Trump "threat" a bit and think the media and Democratic Party are "using it to death."

The notable moment came when Jiang said to the three voters, "President Biden has called Trump a threat to democracy and made it a central part of his campaign. Is democracy on the ballot in 2024?"

All three smiled as soon as the question was asked, and one even began laughing at it.

Republican business owner Steve Macias, replied, "I don’t buy that argument."

The one who was laughing, independent voter Raquel Glowden, chimed in, saying, "I don’t, either."

Macias continued: "I mean, to me now, that’s just another talking point. Every time I hear it, I just kind of tune it out."

"I know," Glowden added.

Ripping the talking point even further, Macias said, "It’s something that, you know, some focus group came up with, and now they're just using it to death."

Glowden accused the media and the Democratic Party of not even understanding what democracy means. She said, "I really don't think they understand what democracy is when they say that. You know, the fact that there is a ballot is democracy."...............

https://www.foxnews.com/media/latino-voters-scoff-cbs-news-reporter-asking-trump-threat-democracy-dont-buy-argument
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Democracy is another term I disdain

Not the concept. But the bastardization of the word

“Democracy” as it’s being defined today, means keeping Democrats in perpetual power
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 12:45:08 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy