Author Topic: One in six families have been impacted by INCEST, shocking report claims - and it's still legal to s  (Read 409 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
One in six families have been impacted by INCEST, shocking report claims - and it's still legal to some extent in 19 states

Estimated 15 percent of US families reported instance of incest in family trees
    Hotspots include Alabama, Kentucky, West Virginia, South Carolina, and more
    READ MORE: DNA tests are uncovering the true prevalence of incest

By Cassidy Morrison Senior Health Reporter For Dailymail.Com

Published: 13:56 EDT, 21 March 2024 | Updated: 17:16 EDT, 21 March 2024

Nearly one in six families have been impacted by incest at some point, according to a shocking new analysis that has not been peer reviewed. 

The taboo subject of incest is becoming increasingly discussed as at-home DNA tests from companies like Ancestry and 23&me become more common, revealing uncomfortable truths about family connections.

It has previously been estimated that as few as as 2 percent of Americans had experienced sexual contact with a family member.

But a review of hundreds of studies by a sexual health company earlier this month estimated that 15 percent of US families have had an 'incest event.'

Dr David Lawson, a Texas-based psychologist who specializes in sexual abuse and trauma, told DailyMail.com that the true figure is likely higher: 'Whatever statistics you get, they’re probably conservative because these things are not things people tend to report.'

According to World Population Review, a data aggregating site, inbreeding is most common in the states colored in red

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13223477/One-six-families-impacted-INCEST-shocking-report-claims-legal-extent-19-states.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rustynail

Nice white smear.  Now do muslims.

Online mountaineer

Nice white smear.  Now do muslims.
The percentage is just a smidge higher there.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

IOW... Rednecks.

I don't believe it.

ONE of my friends ever got busted for that. He did 7 years before his daughters BOTH retracted the claim.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"Genetic disorder caused skin to turn blue"....

I thought that was blamed on colloidal silver?
     ---------------------------------
'Well, hell's bells, son. <spit> If'n they ain't good enough for their own kin, they can't be good enough for ours!' cue banjo music...

Of course, none of the northeastern elite would ever inbreed...(like a Hapsburg!)...excepting along monetary lines...insert pearl clutching church lady vapors here

That there inbreeding's a white trash hick thing, right?

Up nawth they just do the deformed mutant intellectual thing up there in New England (and it shows), but their last names often aren't changed if they wed, and there's a bunch of hyphenating going on, so I'm not sure how they keep track who is who's git.

I reckon that's why they hire genie-ologists to tell whose bottle got rubbed on which side before the 'wishes' popped out.

Folks out here in the boonies may not have had as many prospects to choose from, but they generally avoided marrying too close. White folks had their churches to sort it, and family Bibles to record it. For the (capital 'n') Natives, it was pow-wows where youngsters could meet someone from another band (another Tribe was often considered a bridge too far).

My wife's Grandma told her, "If you meet a good looking guy from around here, never mind. Chances are he's a cousin." But she would have likely disowned her for marrying a Sioux...
(I think it helped to be from far away.  happy77)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis