Author Topic: FL Reps urging Biden to send U.S. Navy to intercept Haitians after 3,700 prisoners  (Read 186 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
FL Reps urging Biden to send U.S. Navy to intercept Haitians after 3,700 prisoners
releasedPublished 9 seconds ago on March 21, 2024By Sara Carter Staffshutterstock 1250591794 scaled

The aftermath of Haitian gangs storming its prisons and freeing approximately 3,700 inmates has become problematic for the United States. Florida leaders are urging President Joe Biden to utilize the United States Navy in order to intercept Haitians attempting to enter the country by sea.

Haiti is descending “into anarchy” as the “Haitian Prime Minister Ariel Henry has since resigned and there is no effective government in the country at present” reports Just the News.

The group of House Republicans representing Florida include Matt Gaetz, Gus Biliarakis, Anna Paulina Luna, and Daniel Webster. They have urged Biden to declare an “anticipated mass migration of aliens en route to, or arriving off the coast of, the United States,” to be a situation necessitating federal action. Such a move, they said, is “necessary to reinforce the State of Florida’s efforts by utilizing Department of Defense vessels to conduct maritime interdictions and interceptions of aliens from Haiti and repatriate them.”

https://saraacarter.com/fl-reps-urging-biden-to-send-u-s-navy-to-intercept-haitians-after-3700-prisoners-released/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

Biden is grinning from ear to ear -- keeping DeSantis busy and hoping to make FL a blue state.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.