Author Topic: Congress wants US Air Force to better explain reorganization plans  (Read 169 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Congress wants US Air Force to better explain reorganization plans
By Stephen Losey
 Mar 21, 12:00 PM

The department in February announced a sweeping shake-up of the Air Force and Space Force to better prepare them for a potential conflict with China, which the department calls a “reoptimization for great power competition.”

The changes would include the creation of an Integrated Capabilities Command, led by a three-star general, which would take charge of identifying the Air Force’s future requirements. The Air Force would also revamp some existing organizations such as Air Combat Command as well as Air Education and Training Command; shift how airmen, units and equipment deploy; and improve training.

But in a summary of the compromise version of the fiscal 2024 Defense Appropriations Act, publicly released Thursday, lawmakers said the Air Force hasn’t thoroughly explained why the reorganization is necessary, how the service would implement it and what budget is required. Lawmakers say they need such information to properly assess the department’s plans.

https://www.militarytimes.com/air/2024/03/21/congress-wants-us-air-force-to-better-explain-reorganization-plans/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Congress wants US Air Force to better explain reorganization plans
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 07:44:12 pm »
I believe the AF plans to get rid of all their current jets and wait until someone builds an electric one before making a final commitment. eeefly
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson