Author Topic: NY company admits it illegally sold Chinese-made equipment to US military  (Read 171 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

NY company admits it illegally sold Chinese-made equipment to US military
Story by John Annese, New York Daily News • 1d •

NEW YORK — A Long Island man has pleaded guilty to illegally selling Chinese-manufactured security and surveillance equipment to the U.S. military and passing off the wares as American-made — creating potential security risks, according to the feds.

Aventura Inc.’s customers included the Navy, the Air Force and the Department of Energy, but the “Made in USA” labels on their products were a lie — and the products, which included items like networked security turnstiles and night-vision cameras, had known cybersecurity vulnerabilities, prosecutors said.

Feds charged Aventura and the members of its senior management with fraud and other offenses in 2019. All of the individual suspects have already pleaded guilty, and on Tuesday, the company entered a guilty plea in Long Island Federal Court.

As part of the plea, the company will dissolve itself and forfeit more than $3 million in seized assets, including a 70-foot yacht, the Tranquilo, owned by CEO Jack Cabasso and his wife, Frances.

https://www.msn.com/en-za/news/world/ny-company-admits-it-illegally-sold-chinese-made-equipment-to-us-military/ar-BB1kbgU7
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I wonder how much intelligence China got off their equipment?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson