Author Topic: GOP leaders unleash on Janet Yellen over $110B energy tax hike  (Read 602 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP leaders unleash on Janet Yellen over $110B energy tax hike
24 Republicans accused the Treasury secretary of 'weaponizing' the tax code
By Thomas Catenacci Fox News
Published March 21, 2024 11:14am EDT

FIRST ON FOX: A group of 24 Senate Republicans are calling out the Biden administration for "weaponizing" the tax code to stifle domestic energy production in the president's proposed 2025 budget.

In a letter Thursday to Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen, the GOP lawmakers — led by Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo. — highlighted the more than $110 billion in tax hikes targeting domestic production of oil, gas and coal proposed in the budget. They said such an action would only lead to higher prices for Americans and allies worldwide.

"The administration has once again doubled down on weaponizing the tax code against U.S. energy producers," Barrasso and the other senators wrote. "It is alarming that the administration believes utilizing our nation’s abundant natural resources will be detrimental to long-term energy security."

"Sadly, the administration would willingly suppress energy production knowing it means fewer jobs and higher prices for the American people," they continued. "America is fortunate to have abundant energy resources. Our nation needs to be focused on unleashing American energy and innovation instead of throwing away one of our biggest economic and geopolitical advantages."

Earlier this month, Biden released his fiscal year 2025 budget, a behemoth $7.3 trillion government spending package that Republicans quickly condemned and characterized as a non-starter. As part of the proposal, the Treasury Department released a green book detailing the mechanisms for raising government revenue, a report which listed tax hikes on energy production.

The Republicans noted that in the green book, the Treasury Department explained that it would strip tax incentives worth $110 billion from the energy industry because "oil, gas, and coal tax preferences distort markets by encouraging more investment in the fossil fuel sector than would occur under a neutral system."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-leaders-unleash-janet-yellen-over-110-billion-energy-tax-hike
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: GOP leaders unleash on Janet Yellen over $110B energy tax hike
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2024, 08:31:53 am »
Absolutely, AmericANS HAVE NO RIGHTS TO ITS OWN RESOURCES, American resources bad, evil.  Let the Communists and muslims have all the prosperity of them.  Fully approved by America haters and endless damn fools.
 :silly: :tongue2: :chairbang: :tongue2: :silly:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2024, 08:38:35 am »
Higher prices for energy mean higher prices for EVERYTHING!

You want to know what is at the core of Bidenflation, just look no farther than the nearest fuel island.

He did that!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2024, 06:47:33 pm »
gas went up about 50 cents a gallon here.  all hail demented god joe biden, useful fools can begin pizzing and moaning !  They have their own 'special' type of dementia.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2024, 07:03:34 pm »
This is the time of year when refiners and distributors let the supply of regional Winter gasoline blends run down as they ramp up producing regional Summer gasoline blends.

It's the bi-annual switchover between Summer and Winter regional gas blends that causes gasoline prices to spike twice a year.  There should be a single year-round national gasoline blend to eliminate the inefficiency and costs of having regional seasonal gasoline blends.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2024, 07:23:38 pm »
And prices will spike till it makes it financially worthy of investing and drilling again - except you will be paying more for it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline christian

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2024, 05:20:04 am »
Odd, an exceedingly mild winter and Joe shutdown the pipe line, and higher prices with no one to blame.  God Joe, no blame dementia means no accountabilities. What a god for morons!
 :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: