Author Topic: Trump is losing the cash race to Biden  (Read 734 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump is losing the cash race to Biden
« on: March 21, 2024, 04:43:06 pm »
 Trump is losing the cash race to Biden
by Brett Samuels and Amie Parnes - 03/21/24 11:19 AM ET

Former President Trump is lagging far behind President Biden in fundraising, potentially putting him at a significant disadvantage as the general election race kicks into gear.

Trump saw an uptick in his February fundraising compared to January, but his monthly haul, as well as his cash on hand entering March, was far surpassed by the Biden operation.

Election filings made public Wednesday showed Trump’s 2024 campaign brought in $10.9 million last month, while his joint fundraising committee raised nearly $11 million. His operation overall had about $42 million in cash on hand entering March.

Those figures lagged far behind Biden’s campaign operation, which raised roughly $53 million in February, giving it $155 million in cash on hand entering March.

“It’s piss poor,” one GOP strategist acknowledged on Thursday. “All I can say is they need to do better. Much better. I still think he could win regardless but they’ve got to keep this competitive and it’s not right now.”

Doug Heye, a longtime Republican strategist, said the numbers were indicative of apprehension among GOP donors, particularly because of the former president’s legal problems.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4547171-donald-trump-joe-biden-campaign-cash-fundraising-rnc-dnc/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Trump is losing the cash race to Biden
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 04:58:20 pm »
Why this matters

Campaign commercials, campaign events, GOTV efforts, any legal challenges, and plenty of money to help Democrats downticket.

There’s enough money to not only overwhelm  Donald Trump during the heat of the campaign season but also Republicans fighting for senate and house seats.

Both candidates have very high negatives amongst the general public. They’re both well enough known by people that they can’t redefine themselves.

Remember when Hillary Clinton’s handlers would announce that  they were  “re-introducing” her to the voters? It didn’t work.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 05:07:32 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2024, 05:28:34 pm »
Why would I give money to a billionaire? ... who's just been civilly convicted of business fraud.

I'm stopping all my donations to the Mass GOP until there is absolute clarity that the Mass GOP funds aren't being diverted to pay Trump's legal bills.

I want my money to elect Republicans to state and local office in an overwhelmingly Dem state.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2024, 05:41:52 pm »
The GOP has a double problem.

On the one hand are all the MAGAs who not only refuse to give money to anyone other than Trump, but actually try to discourage others from giving to the GOP as a party because they believe it is corrupt.

And on the other hand, you have a lot of anti-Trump Republicans who refuse to give a dime if they think it might go to Trump.

Ugh.

The one thing I honestly can't figure out is why all the hardcore Trump supporters aren't sending a bit of money his way.  I mean, if you have 40 million of them, $25 from each is a billion dollars.   So I really don't want to hear Trump supporters complaining down the road about his lack of funding.   There are more than enough of them to give him plenty of they are so inclined.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 05:44:53 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2024, 06:13:16 pm »
The GOP has a double problem.

On the one hand are all the MAGAs who not only refuse to give money to anyone other than Trump, but actually try to discourage others from giving to the GOP as a party because they believe it is corrupt.

And on the other hand, you have a lot of anti-Trump Republicans who refuse to give a dime if they think it might go to Trump.

Ugh.

The one thing I honestly can't figure out is why all the hardcore Trump supporters aren't sending a bit of money his way.  I mean, if you have 40 million of them, $25 from each is a billion dollars.   So I really don't want to hear Trump supporters complaining down the road about his lack of funding.   There are more than enough of them to give him plenty of they are so inclined.

As the Trump campaign becomes more cash hungry, he’ll be more easily influenced by donors. We’re already seeing that with TikTok and Bud Light.

And that’s the problem with not being moored to a political ideology. What happens when the chamber of commerce tells him that the country needs more cheap labor and gives a sizable amount to his campaign?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2024, 07:23:34 pm »
As the Trump campaign becomes more cash hungry, he’ll be more easily influenced by donors. We’re already seeing that with TikTok and Bud Light.

And that’s the problem with not being moored to a political ideology. What happens when the chamber of commerce tells him that the country needs more cheap labor and gives a sizable amount to his campaign?

:amen:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2024, 10:16:20 pm »
Why do people watch political commercials?

That's a serious question.

I NEVER watch them, NOBODY'S commercials. When I watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune (the ONLY "current" programs I watch), I turn the sound off during all commercials (often catching up here in that space).

I don't read printed political ads, either.

I've tried to purposely avoid such things.

Having said that, I'm going to take an off-the-wall -guess- that 90-95% of the votes Mr. Trump receives this time around will be from folks who aren't influenced by political commercials, either.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2024, 11:02:57 pm »
Well, Brandon is going to need that money if they're gonna pay all those mules to dump ballots in the boxes.

But spotting him a half-billion dollars with the courts is no way to run a race.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2024, 11:06:48 pm »
Well, Brandon is going to need that money if they're gonna pay all those mules to dump ballots in the boxes.

But spotting him a half-billion dollars with the courts is no way to run a race.

I am going to make a bold prediction here. I predict Trump is going to go ahead and let the NYC DA seize his New York assets. The backlash and favorable publicity to Trump from that act will be worth millions, and may be enough to give him an insurmountable lead (assuming we have a fair election).

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2024, 11:10:37 pm »
I am going to make a bold prediction here. I predict Trump is going to go ahead and let the NYC DA seize his New York assets. The backlash and favorable publicity to Trump from that act will be worth millions, and may be enough to give him an insurmountable lead (assuming we have a fair election).
ass/u/me....be careful with that part, because nothing done so far even hints at "fair", and the more they get away with, the more empowered they seem to feel.

IMHO, they are already more than a mile past 'outrageous'.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2024, 02:33:42 am »
Why would I give money to a billionaire? ... who's just been civilly convicted of business fraud.

Rand Paul
@RandPaul

Wow, I thought this “fixer-upper” for $14 million in Palm Beach was a good deal until I heard I could get Mar-a-Lago for $18 million!

3:15 PM · Mar 4, 2024

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2024, 03:05:45 am »
Why do people watch political commercials?

That's a serious question.

I NEVER watch them, NOBODY'S commercials. When I watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune (the ONLY "current" programs I watch), I turn the sound off during all commercials (often catching up here in that space).

I don't read printed political ads, either.

I've tried to purposely avoid such things.

Having said that, I'm going to take an off-the-wall -guess- that 90-95% of the votes Mr. Trump receives this time around will be from folks who aren't influenced by political commercials, either.

Maybe so.  But 5-10% of the vote is enough to swing  an election.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2024, 08:52:46 am »
Maybe so.  But 5-10% of the vote is enough to swing  an election.
Hmph!

That would be 5-10% of the ballots.
They need not be filled in by actual voters, just counted. However many times it takes.

C S Lewis