Author Topic: Arrests of migrants with criminal records up 340%  (Read 127 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Arrests of migrants with criminal records up 340%
« on: March 21, 2024, 02:50:26 pm »
Arrests of migrants with criminal records up 340%
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Mar 19, 2024 / 11:28 AM CDT

Updated: Mar 19, 2024 / 11:16 PM CDT

Experts attribute increase to more migration overall, advances in technology, international cooperation

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – Some look into the camera with hardened faces and bodies covered in tattoos. Others look ordinary and stare down as if saddened or contrite.

They are some of the fugitive foreign felons, child predators and gang members arrested just in the past week trying to enter the United States undetected. And their numbers are on the rise.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection data shows the number of criminal non-citizen encounters has risen 340% in the past three years, to a high of 32,194 in fiscal year 2023. Since Oct. 1, another 11,958 have been caught rushing the border between ports of entry or trying to blend in at busy ports, hoping their past won’t show up in CBP computers.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/arrests-of-migrants-with-criminal-records-up-340/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson