Author Topic: Biden cancels another $6 billion in student debt for select borrowers  (Read 224 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden cancels another $6 billion in student debt for select borrowers
By
Brady Knox
March 21, 2024 10:27 am

President Joe Biden announced the cancelation of roughly $6 billion in student loans for select public sector workers.

On Thursday, Biden announced student debt forgiveness for 78,000 public sector workers, including teachers, nurses, and firefighters. The total number of public sector workers Biden has forgiven student debt for is now 870,000. In total, roughly four million Americans have had their student loans forgiven during the Biden administration.

“These public service workers have dedicated their careers to serving their communities, but because of past administrative failures, never got the relief they were entitled to under the law,” Biden said in a statement.

“From day one of my Administration, I promised to fix broken student loan programs and make sure higher education is a ticket to the middle class, not a barrier to opportunity,” he added. “I won’t back down from using every tool at my disposal to deliver student debt relief to more Americans, and build an economy from the middle out and bottom up.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/2931510/biden-cancels-another-6-billion-in-student-debt-for-select-borrowers/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34