Author Topic: ‘RICO Is Not A Crime!’: AOC Sent Into Tailspin After Asking Bobulinski To List Biden’s Crimes  (Read 843 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Another candidate for the *Dumber than shit* Category

‘RICO Is Not A Crime!’: AOC Sent Into Tailspin After Asking Bobulinski To List Biden’s Crimes

Nicole Silverio
Media Reporter
March 20, 2024 2:31 PM ET
Font Size:

Democratic New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was sent into a tailspin Wednesday as she questioned Hunter Biden’s former business partner, Tony Bobulinski.

Bobulinski appeared before the House Oversight Committee to testify about his allegations against President Joe Biden. Bobulinski said Joe Biden knew about his son’s business dealings with Chinese energy firm, CEFC.

“Is it your testimony today that you personally witnessed President Joe Biden commit a crime?” Ocasio-Cortez asked.

“I believe the fact that he was sitting with me while I was putting together —” Bobulinski began.

“Did you witness the president commit a crime? Is it your testimony today?” she asked.

“Yes,” the witness answered.

https://rumble.com/embed/v4huj9h/?pub=4

more
https://dailycaller.com/2024/03/20/aoc-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-rico-tony-bobulinski-hunter-joe-biden-crimes/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
First she won't let him answer, then she talks over his answers, then she reclaims her time *at which point he can't answer without being out of order) and launches off on some speech. Watch her eyes. She's reading her BS from a script. Not even sharp enough to say it extemporaneously.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This woman (though the "B" word is more apt) wants to be POTUS someday.

I think this movie underestimted  it's time line by about 400 years.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rustynail

She sounds like Minnie Mouse.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
She sounds like Minnie Mouse.

Shame on you.  That's a terrible dis of a beloved cartoon character.  :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rustynail

You are right and Minnie didn't talk much.

Offline The_Reader_David

Well, the statement "RICO is not a crime, " is true.  RICO is a Federal law.  A pattern of behavior that fits a particular definition contained in RICO is a crime.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I'm not a lwayer, but I've watched a lot of "Law & Order" ...

RICO is a crime with underlying predicate acts.  For Biden, Inc., the underlying predicate acts would probably include conspiracy, money laundering, tax evasion, and influence peddling.

It might be easier to prove that Hunter was the kingpin than Joe.  Hunter got money, ho's, and crack.

I think it's more difficult to prove that Joe was the kingpin, because it has yet to be proven that Joe benefitted more than Hunter.  But, Joe could be looped in as a conspirator, participant, or contributor of Hunter's criminal enterprise by Joe making conspicuous phone calls to Hunter while Hunter had clients or potential clients in the room.

Legally, it's easier to make the case the Hunter was the head of the criminal enterprise with Joe as a participant, conspirator, or contributor.

RICO is not a criminal act; it is a collection of underlying of predicate acts that demonstrate the existence of a corrupt criminal enterprise.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Well, the statement "RICO is not a crime, " is true.  RICO is a Federal law.  A pattern of behavior that fits a particular definition contained in RICO is a crime.

Disagree.  In my profession and in our venacular, a RCRA violation was automatically inferred as a infraction of Hazardous Waste statutes.  Only in the pea sized brain of this bitch, thinks otherwise.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 02:52:41 pm by catfish1957 »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Well, the statement "RICO is not a crime, " is true.  RICO is a Federal law.  A pattern of criminal behavior (multiple crimes) that fits a particular definition contained in RICO is a crime.

Fixed it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online LMAO

Beyond what she said, listen to and watch her

If you want to see the classic liberal woman  that’s losing the argument, there it is
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 03:06:36 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
She's right about the RICO claim.

Yeah, she interrupted him, but that's because he really wasn't answering her question.  She asked him to identify the specific crime Biden committed and he wasn't giving one.  In fact, at the end, he says (paraphrasing here) "I'm not a lawyer but there are a whole lot of lawyers in this room who can better say what actual crime he committed."  Which is basically him admitting that he personally can't identify a specific crime Biden committed.

He screwed up right at the beginning by claiming that Biden committed a crime.  What he should have said at the outset when asked that question is "I'm not a lawyer so I'll leave the technical legal definitions up to you.  What I did see was conduct that I thought was extremely shady and corrupt."

He did say "FARA" as well, but I don't think that's provable against Joe Biden.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 05:12:18 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Exactly.  It's like saying that someone is guilty of "conspiracy".  It's got to be a conspiracy to do something illegal.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Ted Cruz
@tedcruz
This is bizarre. RICO—the Racketeer Influenced & Corrupt Organizations Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 1961–1968—is most assuredly a crime.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Shame on you.  That's a terrible dis of a beloved cartoon character.  :cool:

And all mice in general. Rats, even.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 05:34:32 pm by deb »
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
She's right about the RICO claim.

Yeah, she interrupted him, but that's because he really wasn't answering her question.  She asked him to identify the specific crime Biden committed and he wasn't giving one.  In fact, at the end, he says (paraphrasing here) "I'm not a lawyer but there are a whole lot of lawyers in this room who can better say what actual crime he committed."  Which is basically him admitting that he personally can't identify a specific crime Biden committed.

He screwed up right at the beginning by claiming that Biden committed a crime.  What he should have said at the outset when asked that question is "I'm not a lawyer so I'll leave the technical legal definitions up to you.  What I did see was conduct that I thought was extremely shady and corrupt."

He did say "FARA" as well, but I don't think that's provable against Joe Biden.

Disagree. At least in my occupation.  In the Environmental venacular, we often mentioned "RCRA Violations". That was semi-imposed to mean anything within the constraints of 40 CFR 260- 40 CFR 265.  In audits, I would state that there are/were RCRA violations that could be further parsed into specificity.  AOC's word salad was bullshit.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 06:35:19 pm by catfish1957 »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Ted Cruz
@tedcruz
This is bizarre. RICO—the Racketeer Influenced & Corrupt Organizations Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 1961–1968—is most assuredly a crime.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online LMAO

I’m not surprised that these people are circling the wagons around Joe Biden

But where’s the press?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I’m not surprised that these people are circling the wagons around Joe Biden

But where’s the press?

Complicity , and criminally silent.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Disagree. At least in my occupation.  In the Environmental venacular, we often mentioned "RCRA Violations". That was semi-imposed to mean anything within the constraints of 40 CFR 260- 40 CFR 265.  In audits, I would state that there are/were RCRA violations that could be further parsed into specificity.  AOC's word salad was bullshit.

But AOC/Bobalinsky aren't in your occupation or vernacular.   And if there was some occupation/vernacular applicable to what Bobalinsky was saying, why didn't he just rattle off the more specific underlying statute the way you just did?   Why did he instead end up saying "you'd have to ask the lawyers"?

And though I've seen this whole thing flying around conservative media, I've yet to see anyone of important actually identify the specific statutes they believe he violated.  I've also read elsewhere that even some Republicans have commented privately that they have a difficult time pinning a specific criminal violation to what Biden did, which is why support for impeachment is weak.

Look, I think she's a scumbag idiot too, and she read that prepared question poorly.  But none of that means that the general point raised was invalid.  Just because someone isn't on our doesn't mean they're wrong about everything.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 07:31:42 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

But AOC/Bobalinsky aren't in your occupation or vernacular.   And if there was some occupation/vernacular applicable to what Bobalinsky was saying, why didn't he just rattle off the more specific underlying statute the way you just did?   Why did he instead end up saying "you'd have to ask the lawyers"?

And though I've seen this whole thing flying around conservative media, I've yet to see anyone of important actually identify the specific statutes they believe he violated.  Did some GOP member of that committee follow up with friendly questions or a statement identifying the specific statutes allegedly violated?

Look, I think she's a scumbag idiot too, and she read that prepared question poorly.  But none of that means that the general point raised was invalid.  Just because someone isn't on our doesn't mean they're wrong about everything.

Offline roamer_1

Yes... Racketeering, in the common vernacular.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
She never really let Bobulinski answer the question. He got out a few words, but she immediately talked over his attempt to answer and reclaimed her time so he couldn't answer. Then she launched her little tirade from notecards or a script (watch her eyes).

Meh.

Maybe someday blondes will get their jokes back, but AOC has done serious harm to that genre.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis