Author Topic: Dem Rep. Meeks: Afghanistan Gold Star Families ‘Used as Props’ as Opposed to Doing ‘Serious’ Oversig  (Read 199 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem Rep. Meeks: Afghanistan Gold Star Families ‘Used as Props’ as Opposed to Doing ‘Serious’ Oversight
Ian Hanchett 21 Mar 2024

On Wednesday’s “CNN News Central,” House Foreign Affairs Committee Ranking Member Rep. Gregory Meeks (D-NY) stated that he feels sorry for some of the families of American soldiers killed in the Kabul airport bombing “because, sometimes, I believe that they’re used as props, as opposed to us focusing and doing our oversight duties, being serious.” And criticized Republicans for demanding that Tuesday’s Afghanistan hearing be in public, not in a classified session.

Co-host Kate Bolduan asked, “I want to ask you about the families of those thirteen servicemembers killed by that suicide bomber during the withdrawal, they are still looking for answers, and some of them, very clearly, are furious with President Biden and the Biden administration about it, and they don’t think that they have received the answers, enough answers or the answers that they are — answers to the questions that they have about what happened and why. I heard you say yesterday that you want them to have the answers they’re seeking, but the only way to do that is in a bipartisan way. And I ask this very seriously, how do you, will you make that happen for them on a bipartisan basis?”

Meeks responded, “I’m working very hard to do that. And that’s why I want the entire 20 years to be — to have oversight of the entire 20 years, and not just trying to pick something out because we’re into a presidential election, because that’s what was taking place. This is presidential politics that were taking place, not trying to resolve the issues for those families. The fact of the matter is, I felt even sorry for some of the families, to be quite honest with you, Kate, because, sometimes, I believe that they’re used as props, as opposed to us focusing and doing our oversight duties, being serious. The generals said a lot of this is in extra classified material. And the generals wanted to testify in a classified session, but my Republican colleagues demanded — and initially, they were threatened by a subpoena — but it was demanded to do so in public, not being serious about getting a bipartisan — if you listen to the questions that the Democrats were asking the generals, they were asking probing questions, trying to get those answers.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/03/21/dem-rep-meeks-afghanistan-gold-star-families-used-as-props-as-opposed-to-doing-serious-oversight/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Feels sorry for "some" of the Gold Star families?

Does this mean not others who are blaming him and his dim colleague's asses for setting these brave souls for slaughter?  There isn't a level of "despicable" in the dictionary to describe this sorry example of a sub-human.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
He is trying to say this is about the election instead of TFUTEAFU* on the Administration's part.

*The Foul-Up To End All Foul-Ups
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis