Author Topic: Poilievre To Force No Confidence Vote In Trudeau Over Looming Carbon Tax Increase  (Read 179 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY CATHERINE LÉVESQUE ON MAR 20, 2024. POSTED IN NEWS

Poilievre To Force No Confidence Vote In Trudeau Over Looming Carbon Tax Increase

Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre wants to bring down the government this week if it refuses to cancel the $15 per tonne planned carbon tax increase set to happen on April 1.

“Today, I’m announcing that I’m giving Trudeau one last chance to spike his hike. One last chance, and only one more day,” Poilievre said in a speech to his caucus on Wednesday. [emphasis, links added]

“I’m announcing that if Trudeau does not declare today an end to his forthcoming tax increases on food, gas, and heat, that we will introduce a motion of non-confidence in the prime minister,” he said.

That motion is meant to ask MPs to vote on whether they have confidence in the current government.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/poilievre-to-force-no-confidence-vote-in-trudeau-over-looming-carbon-tax-increase/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Please, Lord... :0001:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis