Author Topic: New York Climate Plan Needs Publicly Funded Spin Doctor  (Read 137 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New York Climate Plan Needs Publicly Funded Spin Doctor
« on: March 21, 2024, 11:51:17 am »
New York Climate Plan Needs Publicly Funded Spin Doctor
19 hours ago Guest Blogger 34 Comments

Roger Caiazza

This is another article about New York’s climate “leadership” that I fear will trickle down to a state near you.  Ken Girardin from the Empire Center breaks the story of New York’s latest attempt to shore up public support for the Climate Leadership & Community Protection Act (Climate Act).  This article explains that the State “is especially concerned about certain areas of the climate program, noting they should be able to “immediately address emerging unforeseen events that draw media scrutiny”.

The Climate Act established a New York “Net Zero” target (85% reduction in GHG emissions and 15% offset of emissions) by 2050.  Despite the enormous impacts to energy affordability, threats to electric system reliability, and mandates affecting personal energy choices I believe many New Yorkers are unaware of the law. In 2023 transition recommendations were supposed to be implemented through regulation, Public Service Commission orders, and legislation.  Not surprisingly, the aspirational schedule of the Climate Act has proven to be more difficult to implement than planned.

NYS Seeks Spin Doctor To Fight Climate Law Critics

Girardin discovered that the New York State Energy Research and Development Agency (NYSERDA) are hiring a public relations outfit, using $500,000 per year of public money, to “maintain a positive narrative” and “respond to negative viewpoints” about the state’s Climate Act.

gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=post;board=195.0
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson