Author Topic: Navalnaya Tells World Not To Recognize Putin As 'Legitimate' Leader  (Read 413 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Radio Free Europe 3/19/2024

Yulia Navalnaya, the widow of Russian opposition politician Aleksei Navalny, has urged the international community to refuse to recognize President Vladimir Putin as a "legitimate" leader of the country after elections last weekend that have "no meaning."

Talking to her supporters in a video message posted on social media on March 19, Navalnaya urged them to "not give up" in opposing Putin, who easily won the vote with more than 87 percent of the ballots in the absence of rival candidates after having any potential challenger jailed or barred from running.

"The result of this election has no meaning. Putin wants to show the world that he apparently has huge support," Navalnaya said.

"These elections are over but nothing is finished. On the contrary, we should gather our strength and work harder than ever before," she added.

Putin claimed a fifth presidential term with a landslide victory in a tightly controlled March 15-17 election, which has been condemned by the West as neither free nor fair, as he sought to prove overwhelming popular support for his full-scale invasion of Ukraine and increasingly repressive policies.

More: https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-elections-navalnaya-no-significance-putin-mafia/32868475.html

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Navalnaya Tells World Not To Recognize Putin As 'Legitimate' Leader
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 02:13:05 pm »
Ah yes, "free elections".
Vote, Comrade!
Josef Stalin Yes or No?

(What Biden wants here)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2024, 02:38:21 pm »
I'm sure Putin will be as devastated by this as Stalin was 80 or 90 years ago.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2024, 02:38:36 pm »
I think Putin wanted to avoid another Solzhenitsyn situation, and what that caused.  I hope Navalnaya's wife's story and cause gets some traction, and she can gather some momentum in her advocacy efforts.  Seeing Putin hanging from a light pole is a good thing.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2024, 03:15:26 pm »
Stupid diplomats; he who has his trigger on the gun is the "legitimate" leader.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2024, 06:29:11 pm »
(What Biden wants here)
Is there really much difference between the rigged elections in the U.S. and the rigged elections in the USSR Russia?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org