Author Topic: Warning About Drinking Water Issued Nationwide  (Read 319 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Warning About Drinking Water Issued Nationwide
« on: March 21, 2024, 11:31:02 am »
Warning About Drinking Water Issued Nationwide
Story by Matthew Impelli • 18h

A warning about drinking water was issued nationwide this week over concerns about potential cyberattacks.

"Disabling cyberattacks are striking water and wastewater systems throughout the United States. These attacks have the potential to disrupt the critical lifeline of clean and safe drinking water, as well as impose significant costs on affected communities," Michael S. Regan, an administrator with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and White House National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan, said in a letter to governors nationwide.

"We are writing to describe the nature of these threats and request your partnership on important actions to secure water systems against the increasing risks from and consequences of these attacks," the letter added.

The letter noted that threat actors affiliated with the Iranian Government Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) have executed several "malicious cyberattacks" against the U.S.'s infrastructure, such as drinking water systems.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/warning-about-drinking-water-issued-nationwide/ar-BB1kenLA?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=ddb6a80b99994419a2f6ae49a66aab43&ei=105
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Warning About Drinking Water Issued Nationwide
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 11:33:43 am »
Its a good thing our government is busy protecting Americans from multiple foreign attacks; cyber and immigrant. :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Warning About Drinking Water Issued Nationwide
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2024, 02:04:22 pm »
I only rarely drink tap water. Most of it tastes foul to me.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis