Author Topic: Oregon Starts SHUTTING DOWN Small Farms “To Protect The People”  (Read 295 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Oregon Starts SHUTTING DOWN Small Farms “To Protect The People”
Story by Tony Bonnani • 1h
Targeting Family Farms

At the heart of the issue lies Oregon’s aggressive regulatory crackdown on small family farms. Bureaucrats have resorted to labeling these farms as concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFOs), utilizing broad definitions that encompass even modest homesteads. This misclassification serves as the pretext for the closure of farms deemed to violate environmental standards.

For years, climate scientists have called for a phase-out of fossil fuels to avoid catastrophic global warming. Now, according to a first-of-its-kind survey of more than 200 environmental and agricultural scientists, we must also drastically reduce meat and dairy production — and fast.

Global livestock emissions should peak by 2030 or sooner to meet the Paris climate agreement target of limiting the global temperature increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius, the surveyed climate experts said. In high- and middle-income countries, which produce and consume the overwhelming majority of the global meat and dairy supply, livestock emissions should peak much earlier than in low-income countries.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/oregon-starts-shutting-down-small-farms-to-protect-the-people/ss-BB1kh78T?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=ddb6a80b99994419a2f6ae49a66aab43&ei=79#image=2

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Oregon Starts SHUTTING DOWN Small Farms “To Protect The People”
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 11:23:50 am »
This liberal move will also provide Bill Gates more land to snap up and lease to large operation farms. 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Oregon Starts SHUTTING DOWN Small Farms “To Protect The People”
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2024, 01:58:23 pm »
Sounds like the heaviest producing manure source is the Government, followed by the Klimate Kult.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis