Author Topic: NYC comptroller shockingly says every Big Apple migrant should get a free lawyer — paid for by taxpa  (Read 267 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

NYC comptroller shockingly says every Big Apple migrant should get a free lawyer — paid for by taxpayers

New York City Comptroller Brad Lander has drawn outrage for claiming that giving each of the tens of thousands of migrants pouring into the Big Apple free legal representation could net billions in economic benefits for New York state.

Lander’s office said in a report that coughing up individual lawyers to rep migrants could prevent roughly 53,000 asylum seekers from being deported across the Empire State — resulting in an estimated net benefit of $8.4 billion for local, state and federal governments.

“Access to work authorization leads to higher wages. The higher earning power generates more tax revenue. Higher personal income also benefits the economy through increased consumer spending,” the report said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/nyc-comptroller-shockingly-says-every-big-apple-migrant-should-get-a-free-lawyer-paid-for-by-taxpayers/ar-BB1kewRv?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=ddb6a80b99994419a2f6ae49a66aab43&ei=27

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I wonder how much the ABA "donated" to his re-election campaign to endorse the report? *hmmmm*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Let them pay for their own out of the generous disbursement of taxpayers' money already given to them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis