Author Topic: WaPo Poll: Republican Senate Candidate Larry Hogan Leads Democrats by Double Digits in Blue Maryland  (Read 526 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WaPo Poll: Republican Senate Candidate Larry Hogan Leads Democrats by Double Digits in Blue Maryland

Nick Gilbertson 20 Mar 2024

Gov. Larry Hogan (R-MD) enjoys double-digit leads over both of Maryland’s Democrat U.S. Senate candidates in hypothetical general election matchups, according to a poll.

The Washington Post-University of Maryland poll, published Wednesday, found the moderate Republican dominating both Rep. David Trone (D-MD) and Prince George’s County Commissioner Angela Alsobrooks (D) in separate matchups.

Hogan’s strong showing after announcing his Senate bid at the last minute in February bears significant implications in the national battle for a majority in the next Senate. The national map was already favorable to Republicans before Hogan entered the race, and now Democrats have to play defense in a state where they have won every Senate election since 1986.

In a race with Trone, the leading Democrat candidate who founded Total Wine & More, Hogan approaches a majority of support with 49 percent of the response. Trone sits 12 points back of Hogan at 37 percent, while another 14 percent of respondents were either undecided or skipped the question.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2024/03/20/wapo-poll-republican-senate-candidate-larry-hogan-leads-democrats-by-double-digits-in-blue-maryland/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Even if he gets elected (which I kinda doubt when the chips come down), he'll be as effective a "Republican" as is Susan Collins of Maine -- which is to say, hardly there at all.

Offline kevindavis007

Even if he gets elected (which I kinda doubt when the chips come down), he'll be as effective a "Republican" as is Susan Collins of Maine -- which is to say, hardly there at all.

So???
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline ScottinVA

Still far better to have the majority in Biden’s second term. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Still far better to have the majority in Biden’s second term.
Precisely!  888high58888 :beer:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline cato potatoe

There is no way in hell anyone to the right of Larry Hogan could win a statewide race in Maryland.  It will be very tough, even though he left office with approval near 80%.  The alternative to a moderate is 18-30 years of garbage.  Only in the post 2015 era would people be concerned about his ideological purity or devotion to the party leader.  When Scott Brown won Massachusetts, republicans were thrilled.  His presence gave them numbers to block harmful legislation, and most of them still had enough sense to figure it out.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

When it comes to forming a majority, a RINO still counts as a Republican.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
When it comes to forming a majority, a RINO still counts as a Republican.

Absolutely.  Better a RINO than a Democrat.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I think polling is going to be even less trustworthy than usual this year because of the vibes around both Biden and Trump.   The usual models for correcting for party over/under sampling may be poor reflections of reality.

My guess is there may be a record set this year for highest percentages of registered party members not voting for their party's presidential nominee.