Author Topic: Biden finalizes crackdown on gas cars, forcing more than half of new car sales to be electric by 203  (Read 990 times)

Offline libertybele

9999hair out0000  So I'll assume that the cost of a gallon of gas will be astronomical as well as the cost of EV.  FJB!

Biden finalizes crackdown on gas cars, forcing more than half of new car sales to be electric by 2030

The Biden administration has finalized a slate of highly-anticipated environmental regulations curbing gas-powered vehicle tailpipe emissions as part of its broader efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and combat global warming.

In a joint announcement Wednesday, the White House and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) unveiled the most aggressive multi-pollutant emission standards ever finalized. While the regulations target gas-powered vehicles, they are explicitly designed to push wider nationwide adoption of electric vehicles (EV) and, according to officials, are expected to ensure nearly 70% of all new car sales are zero-emissions within a few years.

"President Biden is investing in America, in our workers, and in the unions that built our middle class and established the U.S. auto sector as a leader in the world," White House National Climate Advisor Ali Zaidi said in a statement. "The President’s agenda is working."

"With transportation as the largest source of U.S. climate emissions, these strongest-ever pollution standards for cars solidify America’s leadership in building a clean transportation future and creating good-paying American jobs, all while advancing President Biden’s historic climate agenda," added EPA administrator Michael Regan...................

Under the new regulations, which will be formally announced at a ceremony in Washington, D.C., later on Wednesday afternoon, automakers will be forced to rapidly curb the emissions of greenhouse gases, hydrocarbons, nitrogen oxides and particulate matter from new passenger cars, light trucks, and larger pickups and vans beginning with model year 2027 vehicles.

According to administration officials, the regulations will help "tackle the climate crisis" by reducing the transportation sector's carbon dioxide emissions by a staggering 7.2 billion metric tons over the course of the program, which will be in effect through 2032. Officials also told reporters on a press call that the regulations would reduce the amount of oil consumed in the U.S. by billions of barrels within three decades.................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-finalizes-crackdown-gas-cars-forcing-more-than-50-of-car-sales-to-be-electric
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Damn, I was going to drive my 15 year old Honda Accord until it died.

But, if I want to replace it with a reliable internal combustion gas engine vehicle, I might have to buy a new(er) car sooner than later.

It just occurred to me, Americans may follow the lead of Cubans who keep their gas cars, from the 1950's and early 1960's, running forever.

One day, a 1985 Yugo may be a classic car thanks to Biden.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 07:40:44 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Trump campaign responds in force after Biden cracks down on gas cars, vows 'Day One' reversal

Former President Trump's campaign heavily criticized the Biden administration's newly finalized regulations targeting gas-powered cars Wednesday, vowing to overturn the action.

In a statement to Fox News Digital, the Trump campaign said the climate regulations – unveiled by the White House and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on Wednesday – would force Americans to buy expensive electric vehicles (EV) and reduce consumer choice. The campaign further vowed that Trump would immediately strike down the regulations if he bests President Biden in their election rematch later this year.

"Joe Biden's extreme electric vehicle mandate will force Americans to buy ultra-expensive cars they do not want and cannot afford while destroying the U.S. auto industry in the process," Trump campaign national press secretary Karoline Leavitt told Fox News Digital in a statement. "This radical policy is anti-jobs, anti-consumer and anti-American."

"It will destroy the livelihoods of countless U.S. autoworkers while sending the U.S. auto industry to China. President Trump will reverse Joe Biden's extreme electric vehicle mandate on Day One."...............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-campaign-responds-in-force-after-biden-cracks-down-gas-cars-vows-day-one-action

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What a complete azzhole.

@libertybele

What  does he care?

The rules won't apply to him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"Joe Biden's extreme electric vehicle mandate will force Americans to buy ultra-expensive cars they do not want and cannot afford while destroying the U.S. auto industry in the process,"

No, Mr. Trump. At this latitude, and with the fully understood nature of Winter here, Joe Biden wants us all in deathtraps. Because these vehicles have proven not reliable here even in town.

BTW, regular (87 octane) gasoline has increased in price by 50 cents per gallon in the past six weeks. Tell that jagoff in the White Hut that he sucks. I know it isn't because I stopped sitting wells.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Thanks for doubling, no quadrupling the KBB value of my '05 F150 and '05 Yoda Matrix...
Not that I'll ever sell them now.
Similar to 0's so-called "cash for clunkers", which decimated the used car market and lower income folks, this edict will have a much longer and far reaching effect.
FJB!
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No, Mr. Trump. At this latitude, and with the fully understood nature of Winter here, Joe Biden wants us all in deathtraps. Because these vehicles have proven not reliable here even in town.

BTW, regular (87 octane) gasoline has increased in price by 50 cents per gallon in the past six weeks. Tell that jagoff in the White Hut that he sucks. I know it isn't because I stopped sitting wells.

@Smokin Joe

ALL Joe Biden wants is a child to molest and some cash slid under his door. And even that is just from habit,but he is a babbling fool these days.

What the LEFT/DNC/Globalists/his handlers want is EVERYONE,but them,of course,TOTALLY dependent on the government for everything from the apartment they are allowed to live in to the food they get to eat.

To accomplish this,they MUST take mobility away  from everyone but the elite leadership. When you HAVE to live in THEIR apartment buildings,eat the food THEY ALLOW you to have the ability to buy,and report to the factory they assign you to work in,they will have accomplished their goal of turning America into the USSR,circa 1965.

Total control IS what this is all about.

They are,and have always been,nothing more or less than fascists.

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

ALL Joe Biden wants is a child to molest and some cash slid under his door. And even that is just from habit,but he is a babbling fool these days.

What the LEFT/DNC/Globalists/his handlers want is EVERYONE,but them,of course,TOTALLY dependent on the government for everything from the apartment they are allowed to live in to the food they get to eat.

To accomplish this,they MUST take mobility away  from everyone but the elite leadership. When you HAVE to live in THEIR apartment buildings,eat the food THEY ALLOW you to have the ability to buy,and report to the factory they assign you to work in,they will have accomplished their goal of turning America into the USSR,circa 1965.

Total control IS what this is all about.

They are,and have always been,nothing more or less than fascists.
Actually,their flavor of totalitarianism may squeak through a fascist phase, but seems more based on the Soviet model, of rent-free two room concrete apartments for a family of four, provided you are favored by the State, transportation (with passes, of course), and in Claus Schawb's words, 'you will own nothing, and be happy'.

I have a two word response for that I can't type here (it will be bleeped out, literally).

I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

BTW, they can make it hard to do stuff, but never completely control things. You just have to figure out how to get around the controls, if it comes to that.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 02:28:42 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden mandates production of electric vehicles

Fox News White House correspondent Peter Doocy has the latest on the controversial new rule on 'Special Report.'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-mandates-production-of-electric-vehicles/vi-BB1kfujp?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=ddb6a80b99994419a2f6ae49a66aab43&ei=34
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
So now its official, he has assumed dictatorial powers to run the lives of Americans.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mod2

Offline Smokin Joe

So now its official, he has assumed dictatorial powers to run the lives of Americans.
I was going to say, "By what authority?"

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@rangerrebew

Was there ever any  doubt?

The DNC is OWNED outright by fascists,and fascists are going to  do what fascists do.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Fools and God damned fools fought like hell to ram Joe down our throats, and been bawling and bitching about getting their ways ever since.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions