Author Topic: What Happens If Trump Can't Make Bond in New York? Jazz Shaw  (Read 789 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What Happens If Trump Can't Make Bond in New York? Jazz Shaw
« on: March 20, 2024, 02:48:14 pm »
What Happens If Trump Can't Make Bond in New York?
Jazz Shaw

Yesterday we learned the shocking news from Donald Trump's legal team that he has thus far been unable to raise the ludicrous sum of $454 million to post a bond in his civil "fraud" trial in New York City. Under the terms of the latest round of lawfare being waged against him by partisan NY Attorney General Letitia James, Trump is supposed to put up the bond in cash and can not use the value of his properties to cover the requirement while he appeals the ruling. Trump's team reportedly approached multiple financial firms, but none were willing to put up the cash against the value of his properties without doing so at a ruinous disadvantage to the former President. The deadline is Monday, so what happens if he can't pull this off or obtain some relief through the courts? The DA will be able to start going after his properties around the city, something she has previously said she "would not hesitate to do." (NY Post)

New York Attorney General Letitia James will be free to start going after Donald Trump’s prized properties should the former president fail to make the deadline to post the $454 million bond in his civil fraud case.

Trump, 77, on Monday filed papers in an appeal court case seeking to get out of having to post the bond as he fights the massive judgment from February — which accrues $112,000 in interest daily.

The presumptive Republican 2024 presidential nominee had approached over 30 firms to secure the bond — to no avail — and he’s facing “insurmountable difficulties” getting the financial backing, his attorneys wrote in the filings.

This has been the goal of Letitia James from the beginning, almost certainly in coordination with Biden's Justice Department and the White House. It's just one element of the larger lawfare playbook being deployed against Trump. They will do their level best to try to bankrupt him and tarnish his image as a successful entrepreneur, hoping that it will drag down his standing in the polls.

more
https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2024/03/19/what-happens-if-trump-cant-make-bond-in-new-york-n3784959
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: What Happens If Trump Can't Make Bond in New York? Jazz Shaw
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024, 04:46:37 pm »
Why should he do this right now,when we all know that the very next day the left will file new charges against him to get him arrested again?

Best move is to wait until the absolute last minute to get bail,and then use that in his campaign.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 04:59:16 pm »
What happens if Trump can't make bond in New York?  Nothing.  The sun will rise in the east, and set in the west.  Life, and the world, will continue on.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2024, 05:08:57 pm »
Why should he do this right now,when we all know that the very next day the left will file new charges against him to get him arrested again?

Best move is to wait until the absolute last minute to get bail,and then use that in his campaign.

??? Will it prevent him from being the nominee???
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2024, 10:50:29 pm »
bele tolls:
"Will it prevent him from being the nominee???"

No.
It will further accelerate his candidacy.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2024, 12:54:58 am »
bele tolls:
"Will it prevent him from being the nominee???"

No.
It will further accelerate his candidacy.

I think that either the NY Court of Appeals or the federal court system will overturn some aspects of this.  When that happens, it will boost his candidacy.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 12:55:48 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2024, 01:18:43 am »
When did the State of New York stop accepting property bonds?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2024, 05:07:41 am »
For an alleged crime, where the institutions do their own valuations, where some loaned money and were paid back, with interest, on time, I think he has an Eighth Amendment case, for sure.

Time to stomp this BS.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2024, 01:55:20 pm »
For an alleged crime, where the institutions do their own valuations, where some loaned money and were paid back, with interest, on time, I think he has an Eighth Amendment case, for sure.

@Smokin Joe

Doesn't matter. The  left plans to do to EVERYBODY what they  are doing to  Trump. They just had to start early on him because his campaign represents a danger to their take-over of America so they can turn it into another "People's Paradise",where we will all be slaves,just like in China.

"We iz da wurld........

We iz da peep-pulls....."

Have fun in the labor camps,young people!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2024, 01:59:22 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Doesn't matter. The  left plans to do to EVERYBODY what they  are doing to  Trump. They just had to start early on him because his campaign represents a danger to their take-over of America so they can turn it into another "People's Paradise",where we will all be slaves,just like in China.

"We iz da wurld........

We iz da peep-pulls....."

Have fun in the labor camps,young people!
Slaves are not armed, and I intend to be so long as I live.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis