Author Topic: Hamas stealing, selling Gaza aid on black market, Israeli official claims  (Read 184 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Hamas stealing, selling Gaza aid on black market, Israeli official claims

By Samantha Kamman, Christian Post Reporter Thursday, March 14, 2024

A senior Israeli defense official claims that international outcries about a food shortage in the Gaza Strip have been "exaggerated" and contends that Hamas is stealing the supplies Israel and other countries send and selling them for more than their worth.

An unnamed senior Israeli defense official told The Jerusalem Post during a briefing last week that "There is no hunger in Gaza."

The official accused Hamas of stealing supplies and selling them to civilians for "10 times more than what it's worth."

Israel launched an offensive in Gaza to eradicate Hamas, a terror group that has controlled the Gaza Strip since 2007, following the group's Oct. 7 surprise attack against civilians in southern Israel on Oct. 7. The attack resulted in the deaths of at least 1,200 people and the abduction of around 240 others. While the Hamas-run Gaza Health Ministry claims over 30,000 have been killed during the five months of the war, the lack of distinction between terrorists and civilians makes the data difficult to verify.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/hamas-stealing-selling-aid-on-black-market-israeli-official.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson