Author Topic: A Navy in Decline  (Read 341 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A Navy in Decline
« on: March 20, 2024, 01:41:57 pm »
MILITARY / MARCH 18, 2024
A Navy in Decline
Sea power was the cornerstone of our victory in two World Wars and, most recently, in the Cold War against the Soviets.

BRENT RAMSEY
In 1890, Alfred Thayer Mahan, a renowned naval strategist, published his groundbreaking work, The Influence of Sea Power Upon History. This seminal book documented the preeminent role sea power has on world power and influence, showing that maritime powers have consistently dominated throughout modern history.

Mahan’s work was hailed around the world as proof of the importance of sea power to national power. Teddy Roosevelt, the presidents during the two World Wars, and Ronald Reagan during the Cold War era recognized the wisdom of Mahan’s doctrine and built the U.S. Navy to preeminence and power. Maritime power enabled the United States to project power and influence worldwide, strongly supported our allies, and promoted American values. Sea power was the cornerstone of our victory in two world wars and, most recently, in the Cold War against the Soviets.

The importance of maritime power is even greater in 2024 than it has ever been because the world’s economy is based on the transportation of goods by sea. Yet, since the fall of the Soviet Union, the U.S. has ignored this foundational principle of national power and allowed our Navy and maritime infrastructure to atrophy and wither to a shadow of its former self. During Reagan’s presidency, the Navy was a robust world-spanning sea power with almost 600 battle force ships, and we were unchallenged in naval power around the world. Today, the Navy has 291 battle force ships and only 231 combatants. That number will decline in the coming years.

https://patriotpost.us/articles/105248-a-navy-in-decline-2024-03-18
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: A Navy in Decline
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024, 01:45:30 pm »
I wouldn't guess wokeness, DEI, witch hunts for white conservatives, under-funding, and poor recruiting emphasis play any part of this? :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline AL

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 05:47:56 pm »
Seems to me everything in this country is in decline.  Recruiting standards have been lowered to get more recruits which will further the decline.  What a mess.    :patriot:

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2024, 05:59:04 pm »
Ramsey is right.  The decline started with Bush's "New World Order" in 1991 but then accelerated in the 2000s with naval funding and personnel being diverted to Iraq and Afghanistan, making that Rumsfeld and Vern Clark's fault.  The 2010 Balise Report sounded the warning but nobody was listening.

That was 14 years ago, so here we are now...

https://www.usni.org/magazines/proceedings/2011/january/how-are-mighty-fallen

https://features.propublica.org/navy-accidents/us-navy-crashes-japan-cause-mccain/

https://www.gao.gov/assets/gao-11-746r.pdf
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2024, 09:44:48 pm »
"A Navy in Decline..."

And an Army in decline...
And an Air Force in decline...
Did you ever stop to think
That it might be BY DESIGN...?