Author Topic: Only One-Third of Military Families Would Still Recommend Service, Blue Star Families Survey Finds  (Read 256 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Only One-Third of Military Families Would Still Recommend Service, Blue Star Families Survey Finds

Military.com | By Rachel Nostrant
Published March 18, 2024 at 4:47pm ET

Only 32% of military families would still recommend military service, citing poor job opportunities for spouses, poor mental and physical health care services, and housing concerns, among other issues, according to a survey conducted by Blue Star Families.

The likelihood of active-duty families recommending military service dropped from 55% in 2016 to just 32% in 2023, according to the survey. Active-duty troops, as well as National Guard and reserve family members, all cited time spent away from their families as their top issue with the military.

The annual survey had more than 7,400 responses between May and July 2023 and is the "most comprehensive" survey of its kind, open to service members, veterans, military families and members of the Guard and reserves, according to the organization's website. It is conducted by Blue Star Families in conjunction with Syracuse University's Institute for Veterans and Military Families.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2024/03/18/only-one-third-of-military-families-would-still-recommend-service-blue-star-families-survey-finds.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Under=funding the military is a small price to pay to insure illegal aliens have everything they want.  Notice I didn't say need. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I'm surprised it is as high as 33%.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Brrrrrrrrrrrrr....!!
It's getting chilly in here.
Is that a "draft" that I feel...?