Author Topic: After 2-Year Overhaul, Navy Confirms USS Boxer Can't Get Underway  (Read 139 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
After 2-Year Overhaul, Navy Confirms USS Boxer Can't Get Underway

Military.com | By Konstantin Toropin
Published July 27, 2023

The USS Boxer, one of the Navy's amphibious warships, is struggling to get to sea despite recently coming out of a maintenance period that cost the Navy $200 million and was supposed to ready the ship for the service’s newest fighter jet.

The Boxer was supposed to go to sea on July 21 but couldn’t “because of ongoing maintenance issues,” Cmdr. Arlo Abrahamson, a spokesman for the Naval Surface Force, told Military.com in a statement.

The Navy did not offer details on what issues specifically kept the ship in port, citing “operational security,” but Abrahamson was clear that “the Boxer’s preparation for sea trials identified additional maintenance requirements before the ship could get underway.”

The problems for the Boxer come at a time when they should be least expected -- about a year after the ship left a maintenance period that began in the summer of 2020 and cost $200 million, according to a statement from BAE systems, the contractor for the work.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2023/07/27/navy-confirms-uss-boxer-cant-get-underway-amid-reported-onboard-fire.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson