Author Topic: Army General Pressured Assessment Panel to Help Career of 'Ineffective' Officer  (Read 377 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army General Pressured Assessment Panel to Help Career of 'Ineffective' Officer
Steve Beynon
Tue, March 19, 2024 at 6:14 PM EDT·5 min read

One of the Army's top generals may have abused his authority and subverted the service's process for selecting senior leadership in what some officials have described to Military.com as a conspiracy to prop up a subordinate officer who was deemed unfit for command.

A Military.com investigation found that Gen. Charles Hamilton, who oversees Army Materiel Command, spent about a month last year trying to pull strings behind the scenes for a female lieutenant colonel to breeze through the service's Battalion Commander Assessment Program, or BCAP. This included directly lobbying at least three generals on the assessment panel and successfully pushing officials to let the lieutenant colonel get a second board two days after she failed the first.

The interference became so egregious that the director of the Army Command Assessment Program, Col. Robert O'Brien, penned a memo chronicling Hamilton's conduct on Nov. 1, immediately after the lieutenant colonel was deemed unfit twice in two assessment panels within 48 hours.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/army-general-pressured-assessment-panel-221431720.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Did the General see it as a DEI "promotion?" :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nothing new about this.

Exhibit number 1: General Miss Miley.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot

The General is DEI himself, so this was likely a "side squeeze" promotion effort.

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The General is DEI himself, so this was likely a "side squeeze" promotion effort.

@Timber Rattler

The 4 star General does not have ONE single combat award of ANY type.

HTF did he make 4 star General. Was it because he is black and gave good head?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@rangerrebew

What's a "DEI" promotion?