Author Topic: Texas lt gov lauds 'historic' SCOTUS ruling allowing state immigration law to be enforced while adju  (Read 152 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas lt gov lauds 'historic' SCOTUS ruling allowing state immigration law to be enforced while adjudicated

Patrick also praised bill author state Sen Charles Perry for his work on the legislation
By Charles Creitz Fox News
Published March 20, 2024 6:00am EDT

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick on Supreme Court's Texas immigration law ruling: 'This is historic'
Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick reacts to the Supreme Court justices ruling that Texas can enforce its immigration laws on 'America Reports.'

Texas Republican Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick lauded the Supreme Court's ruling that his state's border protection law, S.B. 4, may be enforced while a lawsuit against it is further adjudicated.

The Justice Department launched a lawsuit in January to nullify the law, which allows Texas to arrest illegal immigrants within its confines, arguing the federal government must "preserve its exclusive authority… to regulate the entry and removal of noncitzens."

Patrick told Fox News on Tuesday he's been "catching his breath" since the 6–3 ruling was handed down "because this is historic."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/texas-lt-gov-lauds-historic-scotus-ruling-allowing-state-immigration-law-enforced-adjudicated
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson