Author Topic: Obama judge's ruling on illegal immigrant's gun rights helps the left 'blur lines' of citizenship: R  (Read 128 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Obama judge's ruling on illegal immigrant's gun rights helps the left 'blur lines' of citizenship: Rubio

Judge Sharon Johnson Coleman of Northern Illinois ruled in favor of Heriberto Carbajal-Flores
By Charles Creitz Fox News
Published March 20, 2024 7:00am EDT

Obama judge's ruling illegal immigrants have gun rights is an attempt to blur line between alien and citizen: Marco Rubio

Senate Intelligence Committee member Marco Rubio, R-Fla., tells 'Hannity' the idea of citizenship is in danger.

After an Obama-appointed Illinois federal judge ruled the Second Amendment covers the gun rights of a particular illegal immigrant, Senate Intelligence Committee member Marco Rubio, R-Fla., called it the latest development on the left that intends to muddle the difference between a citizen and noncitizen.

Judge Sharon Johnson Coleman ruled a federal ban on illegal immigrants owning firearms unconstitutional specifically in the case of Heriberto Carbajal-Flores, who had previously been caught with a weapon in Chicago. Johnson Coleman moved to dismiss charges against Carbajal-Flores in the case.

Johnson Coleman wrote there is no "historical tradition of firearm regulation" that precludes a noncitizen who has not been convicted of a violent crime from constitutional gun ownership, while finding the federal ban "facially constitutional."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/obama-judges-ruling-illegal-immigrants-owning-guns-helps-left-blur-lines-citizenship-rubio
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson