Author Topic: DESANTIS: Haitian Migrants Will Go Straight to Martha’s Vineyard If Biden Blocks Deportations  (Read 453 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DESANTIS: Haitian Migrants Will Go Straight to Martha’s Vineyard If Biden Blocks Deportations
By Ben Kew Mar. 19, 2024 5:40 pm502 Comments

Ron DeSantis has made clear that if Haitians arrive on the shores of Florida with the assistance of the federal government then they will be sent straight to Martha’s Vineyard.

In an interview with radio host Dana Loesch, DeSantis responded to the growing concern that thousands if not millions of Haitians could attempt to reach the United States illegally by traveling on a boat to Florida’s shores:

The problem when you get a situation like Florida is they have people in our state and we want to fly them back say back Haiti, we have to get clearance in order to be able to do that. If you wanted to fly somebody to a South American country, wherever they are from, it becomes a bit more difficult as the federal government is going to tell them not to accept our planes so we’ve through these iterations what we could do as states?

I definitely think we could help put them back over the border if they come across in Texas and Arizona, so I’d be willing to help do that. I think those states really have no other choice to do that at that point. It is a little bit different for a maritime state like us, that’s why we really have to do get them before they reach the shores and that’s why we are working so hard to do that.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/desantis-haitian-migrants-will-go-straight-marthas-vineyard/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

DeSantis is an attention whore wannabe poseur.  Greg Abbott is a real deal.

DeSantis sends one plane full of migrants to Martha's Vineyard as a publicity stunt.  Greg Abbott shares his state's pain by sending tens of thousands of migrants to sanctuary cities.

Critics will point out that Texas has spent about $90 million busing migrants out of state.  Those same critics fail to point out that Massachusetts will have spent $2 billion across two fiscal years to care for migrants, and go from a $3 Billion annual surplus to an annual deficit.  This doesn't even include the costs paid by municipalities.

A one-way bus ticket out-of-state is the most cost effective way for Texas to cut its losses caring for Joe Biden's Open Border migrants.

Keep sending those migrant buses up North.  I recommend sending migrant buses to Maryland and Virgina suburbs where many Federal officials and Congressmen reside while in DC.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

The MV residents say, "Oh no, we have enough servants, thanks."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The MV residents say, "Oh no, we have enough servants, thanks."

I guess that means the Obamas aren't looking for someone who can barbecue.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mountaineer

I guess that means the Obamas aren't looking for someone who can barbecue.
I wonder if they're looking for a cook, preferably one who can swim.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I wonder if they're looking for a cook, preferably one who can swim.

That was cold!..  Spot on though!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline cato potatoe

I'm fine with this.  He should charter the tackiest Carnival ship and send it to High Anus Port.