Author Topic: Chaos Ensues as Chicago Starts First Round of Migrant Evictions from Shelters Amidst US Migrant Cris  (Read 193 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chaos Ensues as Chicago Starts First Round of Migrant Evictions from Shelters Amidst US Migrant Crisis

Migrants who were receiving housing from the government of Chicago are now being evicted in a planned first wave of evictions in the city. 

The Chicago mayor's office said that they would be forcing 34 migrant evictions on Friday, but reportedly only three migrants ended up actually leaving during the weekend. These migration eviction waves come from a new policy the city established in November that migrants can only be sheltered for a maximum of 60 days. Volunteers say the rollout of the policy has caused chaos.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/article/chaos-ensues-as-chicago-starts-first-round-of-migrant-evictions-from-shelters-amidst-us-migrant-crisis/ss-BB1kbbFn?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=93145b2ff3424c4795e8fdf8e02087ac&ei=13
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

"Evicted" to where? Evanston?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org