Author Topic: Craig Goldman’s Fundraising for Dade Phelan May Violate Federal Election Law  (Read 384 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by  Brandon Waltens   | March 19, 2024

Goldman, who is in a runoff himself for an open congressional seat, was listed on the host committee for a fundraiser for Speaker Dade Phelan.

Congressional hopeful Craig Goldman, who currently serves in the Texas House, could be violating federal campaign finance laws by helping fundraise for embattled House Speaker Dade Phelan.

Last week, Texas Scorecard reported on a high-dollar fundraiser scheduled for Phelan in Dallas next month to raise money ahead of his runoff election in May. Phelan came in second place to former Orange County GOP Chair David Covey in the initial primary election earlier this month.

A group of over 60 politicians, lobbyists, and donors were listed on the invitation for Phelan’s Dallas fundraising event, including State Rep. Craig Goldman (R–Fort Worth).

That could be an issue for Goldman, as he currently finds himself in his own runoff election for the congressional seat being vacated by U.S. Rep. Kay Granger.

Federal election law prohibits candidates for federal office from participating in non-federal fundraisers unless the communication for the event contains a “clear and conspicuous oral or written disclaimer that the solicitation is not being made by the federal candidate.”

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/craig-goldmans-fundraising-for-dade-phelan-may-violate-federal-election-law/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Here are the guilty culprits trying to help salvage the crooked career of Dade Phelan.  1st the legislators, and then a screenshot of all the other leaches. Particually disgusting to me was involvment of TxOGA.  All those years participating technical subcommittes with them and TCC, I'd figure they'd had better sense than this.

The invitation notably includes a group of current members of the Texas House from North Texas:
Ben Bumgarner
Giovanni Capriglione
David Cook
Craig Goldman
Charlie Geren
Cody Harris
Richard Hayes
Cole Hefner
Jeff Leach
Morgan Meyer
Candy Noble
Jared Patterson
Matt Shaheen
David Spiller

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.