Author Topic: Biden Jokes About Trump Struggling to Pay Massive New York Fine  (Read 806 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Jokes About Trump Struggling to Pay Massive New York Fine

Joel B. Pollak 19 Mar 2024

President Joe Biden joked at the Gridiron Dinner this past weekend about former President Donald Trump’s struggle to pay nearly half a billion dollars in fines resulting from a controversial civil fraud judgement against him in New York.

New York Attorney General Letitia James (D) — who ran for office specifically promising to use the law to pursue Trump for unspecified sins — declared that “everyone must play by the same rules,” though the Trump case was unprecedented.

Trump was sued for allegedly inflating his net worth under a New York law that does not require the state to show intent, and in which the banks he supposedly defrauded said they had not lost any money on loans given to him.

The Democrat judge, Arthur Engoron, delivered a summary judgment against Trump that denied him the opportunity to mount a defense. Now, Trump is scrambling to find a way to pay the $464 million judgment — including interest.

The former president was able to obtain financing for a bond for the more than $90 million he was ordered to pay writer E. Jean Carroll in a separate New York case, over claims of sexual assault and defamation, pending his appeal.

But Trump has been unable to find insurance companies willing to underwrite the massive bond necessary for the bond in the fraud case, meaning that he may have to sell some of his real estate holdings at discounted “fire sale” prices.

Biden — or his speechwriters — thought this was good fodder for a joke at the Gridiron Dinner, despite the fact that his son faces criminal (not civil) charges for his own financial dealings, which allegedly also benefited Biden himself.

Biden said:

Our big plan to cancel student debt doesn’t apply to everyone. Just yesterday, a defeated-looking man came up to me and said, “I’m being crushed by debt. I’m completely wiped out.” I said, “Sorry, Donald, I can’t help you.” (Laughter and applause.)

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/03/19/biden-jokes-about-trump-struggling-to-pay-massive-new-york-fine/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Biden Jokes About Trump Struggling to Pay Massive New York Fine
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 10:14:21 pm »
I hate this man... :smokin:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 12:56:49 am »
I hate this man... :smokin:
You're not alone.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2024, 01:06:57 am »
Not just Biden, visit any hard left news outlet... They are cheering how broke Trump is now. I don't like Trump, but this was a BS political decision for far too much money to kneecap Trump beyond how they would rule on their own leftist. Even as pointed out the other day, the DA there has done the same thing but nothing but silence on the matter.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 02:27:26 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2024, 01:10:35 am »
I often wonder if Biden is a demented as he portrays?  He can joke about something like this, yet supposedly can't even make his way across a stage or take questions? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2024, 01:43:54 am »
Biden's demons rejoice...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2024, 01:46:30 am »
I often wonder if Biden is a demented as he portrays?  He can joke about something like this, yet supposedly can't even make his way across a stage or take questions?

I think he's more *aware* than he lets on...
Support the USO

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2024, 02:28:29 am »

Been saying this for years ^^^
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2024, 03:23:49 pm »
Earpiece.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2024, 03:37:40 pm »
So he's like those Mafia dons who played crazy to try to avoid criminal prosecution?
Wait ...  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2024, 04:19:41 pm »
And everyone jokes about Biden struggling to......

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2024, 07:33:41 pm »
Being a swarmy pr!ck won't help Biden defeat Trump.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.