Author Topic: Biden touts drop in US crime rate in 2023  (Read 305 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden touts drop in US crime rate in 2023
« on: March 19, 2024, 07:29:47 pm »
by Alex Gangitano - 03/19/24 2:21 PM ET

President Biden on Tuesday touted the decrease in crime in 2023, citing data from the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI).

The FBI data, released on Tuesday found that the U.S. experienced 11 percent less crime in cities over 1 million people compared to 2022, 13 percent fewer murders overall and 6 percent less violent crime.

“Across America, families want the same thing: the freedom to feel safe in their community. To know their kids are secure. My Administration is making it a reality,” Biden said in a statement.

Biden said that in 2020, before he took office, “the prior administration oversaw the largest increase in murders ever recorded. My Administration got to work on day one to fix that.”

He cited the American Rescue Plan, which was signed into law in 2021, and the investment it made into fighting crime and public safety. The president noted that every Republican in Congress voted against the legislation.

He also cited the bipartisan gun violence prevention law and executive actions he has taken that aim to curb gun violence. And, he called on Congress to make more investments into fighting crime and to pass the assault weapons ban he has been pushing for.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4542237-biden-touts-crime-rate-drop/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Biden touts drop in US crime rate in 2023
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 07:43:31 pm »

Undoubtedly in the same fashion.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,526620.msg2988888.html#msg2988888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

Re: Biden touts drop in US crime rate in 2023
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2024, 07:50:35 pm »
Liberal DAs kicking the cases is not the same as stopping crime.