Author Topic: Washington Supreme Court Rules Bar Exam Negatively Impacts Minorities, Will No Longer Require It For  (Read 1857 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Washington Supreme Court Rules Bar Exam Negatively Impacts Minorities, Will No Longer Require It For Lawyers

Mariane Angela
Contributor
March 18, 2024 7:50 PM ET

The Washington State Supreme Court officially abolished the traditional bar exam requirement for aspiring lawyers Friday due to its perceived negative impact on minorities.

The Supreme Court has announced that the bar exam is no longer a requirement for those who aspire to be practicing lawyers. The Bar Licensure Task Force claims that the exam is only minimally effective in measuring competency and noted its unfair barrier to marginalized communities aspiring to practice law, according to the Washington Administrative Office of the Courts. The Task Force on Bar Licensure found that the usual bar exam unfairly stops people from underrepresented groups from entering the legal profession. The exam is not good at measuring if someone is qualified.

Washington has followed Oregon in getting rid of the bar exam requirement, making it the second state to do so after Oregon. Other states like Minnesota, Nevada, South Dakota, and Utah are looking into different ways to license lawyers, the Spokesman-Review reported.

“These recommendations come from a diverse body of lawyers in private and public practice, academics, and researchers who contributed immense insight, counterpoints and research to get us where we are today,” Washington Supreme Court Justice Raquel Montoya-Lewis, who chaired the task force, said in a statement, according to the Spokesman-Review. “With these alternative pathways, we recognize that there are multiple ways to ensure a competent, licensed body of new attorneys who are so desperately needed around the state.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2024/03/18/washington-supreme-court-rules-bar-exam-minorities-require-lawyers/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

unfair barrier to marginalized communities aspiring to practice law
By determining whether they know anything about law?
 :thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
By determining whether they know anything about law?
 :thud:

It is harder to get a real estate license than it is to become an ambulance chaser.  What a country.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

It is harder to get a real estate license than it is to become an ambulance chaser.  What a country.
It's probably harder to get a barber/beautician license.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Wait until they start appointing these "no bar exam lawyers" to judgeships.

It's gonna be like that movie "Idiocracy"...

Offline mountaineer

Wait until they start appointing these "no bar exam lawyers" to judgeships.

It's gonna be like that movie "Idiocracy"...
It's like the affirmative action admissions to engineering and medical schools. Good luck if you're being operated on by one of them, or driving across a bridge they engineered.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Isn't it racist to presume that minorities are not capable of performing as well as whites on law exams?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

Isn't it racist to presume that minorities are not capable of performing as well as whites on law exams?
Yeah, kinda. It didn't occur to anyone when I took the bar exam a few decades ago. We all sat there, scared as rabbits, black and white - all knowing we had to pass the damn thing.

Offline LMAO

So why stop here?

No need to require the NCLEX for RN's for minorities.

No minority should have to take a class and pass a test to fly a plane

How about Dentistry? Mechanics? Engineers? Your Heart surgeon if God forbid you need a Bypass shouldn't have to take a test and can miss the harder classes because he/she is a minority.

In fact, let's just get rid of all classes, training, tests and just give minorities a job in whatever they want so we don't negatively impact them
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 12:56:13 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
So why stop here?

No need to require the NCLEX for RN's for minorities.

No minority should have to take a class and pass a test to fly a plan

How about Dentistry? Mechanics? Engineers? Your Heart surgeon if God forbid you need a Bypass shouldn't have to take a test and can miss the harder classes because he/she is a minority.

In fact, let's just get rid of all classes, training, tests and just give minorities a job in whatever they want so we don't negatively impact them

This is where we are heading.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Mentally unbalanced people seem to have no problem becoming lawyers in Washington.

The transgender attorney is representing one of the far-left activists charged with disrupting a council meeting in February.

https://twitter.com/choeshow/status/1776129318957318327

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1776231271649456297
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 01:12:33 pm by mountaineer »