Author Topic: Trump says he’d have to hold ‘fire sale’ of properties to meet $464M bond  (Read 296 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump says he’d have to hold ‘fire sale’ of properties to meet $464M bond
by Sarah Fortinsky - 03/19/24 11:02 AM ET

Former President Trump argued Tuesday he would have to take extreme measures in order to pay a $464 million bond due next week in his New York civil fraud case, such as selling some of his properties for cheap “fire sale” prices.

Trump blasted New York Judge Arthur Engoron, who ruled against the former president in the fraud case, in a Truth Social post objecting to having to post the bond.

“Judge Engoron actually wants me to put up Hundreds of Millions of Dollars for the Right to Appeal his ridiculous decision. In other words, he is trying to take my Appellate Rights away from me,” Trump wrote in a post on his Truth Social platform Tuesday morning. “Nobody has ever heard of anything like this before.”

“I would be forced to mortgage or sell Great Assets, perhaps at Fire Sale prices, and if and when I win the Appeal, they would be gone. Does that make sense? WITCH HUNT. ELECTION INTERFERENCE!” Trump added.

Trump’s warning comes a day after his legal team informed the court that the former president was unable to secure the full $464 million bond due next week.

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4541652-trump-says-hed-have-to-hold-fire-sale-of-properties-to-meet-464m-bond/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sell everything in NYC...move your business to Fla...they will just keep finding ways to sue and prosecute you in NYC..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Sell everything in NYC...move your business to Fla...they will just keep finding ways to sue and prosecute you in NYC..

That applies to anybody doing business in New York and New York City in particular

I read an article in a financial publication where a lot of investors are pulling out of New York City after this ruling against Trump. It probably has more  to do out of  self interest, then solidarity with Donald Trump

That’s why that idiot Kathy Hochul had to come out and tell them that this was just a one time thing that was only  applied to Donald Trump, which doesn’t really help the case
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Waiting for the MSM to report; "Trump threatens to burn down all his NYC properties!"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.