Author Topic: GOP bill looks to stop DHS from grounding air marshals at southern border  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
GOP bill looks to stop DHS from grounding air marshals at southern border
Adam Shaw
Mon, March 18, 2024 at 1:25 PM EDT·4 min read

GOP bill looks to stop DHS from grounding air marshals at southern border
FIRST ON FOX: Republicans are introducing legislation to prevent the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) from deploying federal air marshals to the southern border to help with the ongoing crisis at the southern border.

Rep. Ashley Hinson, R-Iowa, has introduced the No FAMS At The Border Act. The bill, which was introduced with Rep. August Pfluger, R-Texas, would block federal air marshals from being deployed to the southern and northern borders unless the Biden administration certifies to Congress that there is a crisis at the border.

It is companion legislation to a bill introduced in the Senate by Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, who has previously grilled officials on the deployment of marshals to the border.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-bill-looks-stop-dhs-172517576.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
That's a good plan by commiecrats to help control the border, get rid of enforcement personnel. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson