Author Topic: PBS Almost Admits CO2 and Warming Are Good for Crop Production, Almost!  (Read 138 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
PBS Almost Admits CO2 and Warming Are Good for Crop Production, Almost!

By
Linnea Lueken
March 6, 2024

PBS News Weekend claimed in a recent video, “How climate change is disrupting the global food supply,” that climate change will harm the global food supply in the future, but this unlikely. The claim is refuted by food production trends over recent decades of warming, and an understanding of agronomy.

This PBS piece, hosted by John Yang, is unusual in that the guest on the program, Jonas Jägermeyr, a climate scientist from Columbia University and the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies, admitted that carbon dioxide is positively affecting plant growth.

Jägermeyr told PBS that the three main drivers for crop production are temperature, precipitation, and the presence of atmospheric carbon dioxide. So far, so good. Where Jägermeyr’s argument falls apart is when he follows that statement up with the claim that recent warming creates “extreme events such as droughts, heat waves[…] hail, and flooding,” which impact agriculture negatively.

https://climaterealism.com/2024/03/pbs-almost-admits-co2-and-warming-are-good-for-crop-production-almost/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson