Author Topic: California Marine unit loses M110 sniper rifle  (Read 472 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California Marine unit loses M110 sniper rifle
« on: March 18, 2024, 04:10:04 pm »
California Marine unit loses M110 sniper rifle
By Irene Loewenson
 Friday, Mar 15

A Marine fires an M110 at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, in May 2023. (Cpl. Adam Henke/Marine Corps)
A sniper rifle went missing on March 8 at a Marine base in California.

Battalion Landing Team 1/5, the ground combat element of the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit, reported an M110 semi-automatic sniper system unaccounted for “following a Joint Light Tactical Vehicle movement” at Camp Pendleton, California, Marine spokesman Capt. Brian Tuthill told Marine Corps Times in an emailed statement Thursday.

The unit immediately began searching the rifle along the truck’s route and elsewhere on the base, according to Tuthill. More Marines from the battalion — 1st Battalion, 5th Marines — helped out with the search in the next two days.

But the rifle still is missing, Tuthill said.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2024/03/15/california-marine-unit-california-loses-m110-sniper-rifle/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: California Marine unit loses M110 sniper rifle
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 05:00:35 pm »
'It fell off the truck'....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 05:09:21 pm »
Were they boating at the time?
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 05:12:14 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 06:24:22 pm »
Things must be really  show there if everybody has their panties all in a wad over ONE missing rifle that  can be replaced by going to a gun shop  and buying the replacement.

It's a freaking rifle,not a nuclear missle!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2024, 06:41:13 pm »
Things must be really  show there if everybody has their panties all in a wad over ONE missing rifle that  can be replaced by going to a gun shop  and buying the replacement.

It's a freaking rifle,not a nuclear missile!

It's not the rifle but its attached optics, which are integrated with all kinds of ground and airborne targeting platforms and are thus classified.  Plus accountability, and all that.  Sucks to be the Captain of that company...he signed for it and will have to pay for the loss if they can't find it.  And his career is probably over too.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2024, 08:28:07 pm »
It's not the rifle but its attached optics, which are integrated with all kinds of ground and airborne targeting platforms and are thus classified. Plus accountability, and all that.  Sucks to be the Captain of that company...he signed for it and will have to pay for the loss if they can't find it.  And his career is probably over too.

@Timber Rattler

Thanks for the update. I had no idea. I come from a simpler time,when classes were held on throwing spears and using  rocks in sling shots.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!