Author Topic: Mysterious Drones Swarmed Langley AFB For Weeks  (Read 226 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mysterious Drones Swarmed Langley AFB For Weeks
« on: March 18, 2024, 03:37:27 pm »
Mysterious Drones Swarmed Langley AFB For Weeks
The unidentified drones were such an issue that assets were called in from around the government, including a NASA WB-57 high-altitude jet.

BY
JOSEPH TREVITHICK, TYLER ROGOWAY
|
PUBLISHED MAR 15, 2024 7:29 PM EDT

Langley Air Force Base, located in one of the most strategic areas of the country, across the Chesapeake Bay from the sprawling Naval Station Norfolk and the open Atlantic, was at the epicenter of waves of mysterious drone incursions that occurred throughout December. The War Zone has been investigating these incidents and the response to them for months. We know that they were so troubling and persistent that they prompted bringing in advanced assets from around the U.S. government, including one of NASA's WB-57F high-flying research planes. Now the U.S. Air Force has confirmed to us that they did indeed occur and provided details on the timeframe and diversity of drones involved.

This spate of bizarre drone incursions deeply underscores the still-growing threats that uncrewed aerial systems present on and off traditional battlefields, and to military and critical civilian infrastructure, issues The War Zone has been highlighting in great detail for years.

"The installation first observed UAS [uncrewed aerial systems] activities the evening of December 6 [2023] and experienced multiple incursions throughout the month of December. The number of UASs fluctuated and they ranged in size/configuration," a spokesperson for Langley Air Force Base told The War Zone in a statement earlier today. "None of the incursions appeared to exhibit hostile intent but anything flying in our restricted airspace can pose a threat to flight safety. The FAA was made aware of the UAS incursions."

https://www.twz.com/air/mysterious-drones-swarmed-langley-afb-for-weeks
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Mysterious Drones Swarmed Langley AFB For Weeks
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 08:09:48 pm »
Hmmmm,were the lights on them slanted?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!