Author Topic: Dems: Roads, Trees, Dogs, Cameras, and the Outdoors are Racist  (Read 409 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
March 18, 2024
Dems: Roads, Trees, Dogs, Cameras, and the Outdoors are Racist
By Noel S. Williams

Per recent polls, former President Trump is garnering more support from traditional Democrat constituencies. One way Dems are desperately trying to cement their cobbled coalition is by fostering race-based jealousy and disillusionment. Their dispiriting message of systemic racism now includes roads, trees, animate dogs, inanimate dogs, cameras, and the great outdoors.

Who would’ve known that roads are racist?

The Department of Transportation sees everything through the prism of racial equity. It issued the National Roadway Safety Strategy (NRSS), which emphasizes a Safe System approach. The DoT’s strategy “seeks a better understanding of the intersection of equity and roadway safety, and a comprehensive approach to incorporating equity into all of the Department’s efforts to achieve zero roadway fatalities and serious injuries.”

That’s important because the roads in places like in Milwaukee are racist. That’s why Biden recently went to the battleground state -- to pander and promote a multi-million dollar project to redo some of the racist streets. But how about this: in addition to reengineering racist roads, allow law enforcement to pursue fleeing criminals? That ought to curb reverse road racism, which benefits minority groups disproportionately.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2024/03/dems_roads_trees_dogs_cameras_and_the_outdoors_are_racist.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Dems: Roads, Trees, Dogs, Cameras, and the Outdoors are Racist
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 05:16:50 pm »
 *****rollingeyes*****
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 07:07:49 pm »
The trouble is, they are right about the roads in many instances.  A lot of cities have superhighways that cut them in such a way that a poor black neighborhood (part of which was condemned using eminent domain to get the highway right-of-way) is cut off from the rest of the city by the superhighway.  Remember a lot of the interstate system was planned and/or built in the late 1950's and early 1960's when old-fashioned negros-are-inferior-and-dangerous-but-they-got-rhythm racism was a generally accepted view among most white folk.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 07:33:42 pm »
The trouble is, they are right about the roads in many instances.  A lot of cities have superhighways that cut them in such a way that a poor black neighborhood (part of which was condemned using eminent domain to get the highway right-of-way) is cut off from the rest of the city by the superhighway.  Remember a lot of the interstate system was planned and/or built in the late 1950's and early 1960's when old-fashioned negros-are-inferior-and-dangerous-but-they-got-rhythm racism was a generally accepted view among most white folk.

True

But the case you’re making is obscured by the overly generous use of the term “racism.” 
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 08:56:46 pm »

Sadly, there is truth in this.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2024, 09:37:11 pm »
Some white bigots in urban neighborhoods do teach their dogs to be racist ... for personal and home protection.

After World War II, many "urban renewal projects" were blatantly racist to clear out ethnic neighborhoods or to spare wealthier white neighborhoods from disruption.

////00000////

White lines oppressing black asphalt ... damn right roads are racist.

Oh, and white oaks aren't white supremacists?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 09:41:38 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2024, 09:58:23 pm »
I am well aware of the differences in cities... Positive differences too - There is a reason why Polish and Dutch are never found far apart, even though the penchant toward Polish jokes among the Dutch.

But I don't know that it is specifically racist though it may well be...

Out here it's 'the other side of the tracks'... Or that's how it used to be anyway... The less desirable traits were to be found 'over there', away from polite society... That has elements of race in it, no doubt, but that is not the thrust.

There's always been strip clubs in the West. There's always been rowdy bars, There's always been drugs and prostitution. That all used to be found in the red light district 'across the tracks'