Author Topic: The worst-run city in America, based on data. Plus, see the rest of the worst 50.  (Read 182 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

The worst-run city in America, based on data. Plus, see the rest of the worst 50.
Story by Aine Givens, Data Work By Elena Cox • 3h
MARKETS TODAY

Historically high inflation has put a strain on municipal budgets, with the rising costs of labor, goods and services, and materials. In general, local governments made it through the pandemic relatively well, with the help of billions of dollars in federal aid. The economic aftermath, however, continues.

And some cities continue to struggle more than others, particularly those that are poorly managed.

Stacker listed the 50 worst-run cities in the United States using June 2023 data from WalletHub's Best- and Worst-Run Cities in America. Cities are ranked by their overall operating efficiency, which is determined by the quality of services and total budget per capita.

Factors used to determine the overall quality of city services rank and score comprise weighted average scores in six key categories, including financial stability, education, health, safety, economy, and infrastructure and pollution. Scores for each of the six categories were evaluated based on 36 relevant metrics such as average life expectancy, violent crime rate, quality of roads, and Moody's city credit rating.

Read on to see the worst-run cities in the United States.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/the-worst-run-city-in-america-based-on-data-plus-see-the-rest-of-the-worst-50/ss-BB1k5N8f?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=25581a5eb0a145658aff12263744370e&ei=39#image=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It appears democrats/liberals have pushed conservatives to the side to get a lock on poor management skills.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson