Author Topic: Google has ‘interfered’ with elections 41 times over the last 16 years, Media Research Center says  (Read 264 times)

Online libertybele

Google has ‘interfered’ with elections 41 times over the last 16 years, Media Research Center says

Google has "interfered" with major elections in the United States 41 times over the last 16 years, according to a new study from the Media Research Center. 

"MRC researchers have found 41 times where Google interfered in elections over the last 16 years, and its impact has surged dramatically, making it evermore harmful to democracy. In every case, Google harmed the candidates – regardless of party – who threatened its left-wing candidate of choice," MRC Free Speech America vice president Dan Schneider and editor Gabriela Pariseau wrote in a summary of their findings.

"From the mouths of Google executives, the tech giant let slip what was never meant to be made public: That Google uses its "great strength and resources and reach" to advance its leftist values," they continued. "Google’s outsized influence on information technology, the body politic and American elections became evident in 2008. After failing to prevent then-candidate for president Donald Trump from being inaugurated following the 2016 election, Google has since made clear to any discerning observer that it has been — and will continue — interfering in America’s elections."

Google pushed back, insisting it has a "clear business incentive" to keep both sides happy and that safeguards ensure non-biased and accurate search results.

MRC Free Speech America, a division of the conservative Media Research Center, believes the most recent example was recorded after Google artificial intelligence Gemini "refused to answer questions damaging" to President Biden.

The group’s research found that from 2008 through February 2024, "Google has utilized its power to help push to electoral victory the most liberal candidates, regardless of party, while targeting their opponents for censorship."

Examples include appearing to favor Barack Obama over John McCain in 2008, favoring Obama over Mitt Romney in 2012, refusing to correct a "Google bomb" that "smeared" then-leading GOP primary candidate for president Rick Santorum, using its algorithm to exclude autofill results that were potentially damaging to Hilly Clinton in 2016, "not doing the same for then-candidates Donald Trump or Bernie Sanders," and working with partners to help likely pro-Clinton Latino voters go to the polls that same year, according to MRC Free Speech America. .........................

https://www.foxnews.com/media/google-interfered-elections-41-times-last-16-years-media-research-center-says
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

Would this not be classified as election interference…?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The not so quiet coup.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online LMAO

If Google wants to assert itself in an election like this, then to me, first amendment issues should apply especially if they’re working with government agencies
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy