Author Topic: Authoritarians are playing to win. America can’t if we don’t show up.  (Read 145 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Authoritarians are playing to win. America can’t if we don’t show up.

Two retired four-stars lay out the case for the National Security Emergency Package currently being considered in the House.
PHILIP BREEDLOVE and SAMUEL J. LOCKLEAR III | MARCH 16, 2024
COMMENTARY CONGRESS PENTAGON RUSSIA CHINA

A global chess game is underway and America’s security depends on it. Congressional negotiators are counting votes to break gridlock and fund America’s national security. As they do, thousands of miles away, an opposite set of deliberations are afoot, from Moscow to Tehran to Beijing, not to build a secure America—but to work against the interests of our citizens.

As military officers who spent our lives in uniform and oversaw U.S. military operations at NATO and in the Pacific, we believe today’s world is more complicated, more threatening, and most of all more interconnected than any we’ve witnessed.

In real time, Iran is seizing the opportunity to empower Houthi extremists in the Red Sea and Hezbollah terrorists in Lebanon. As North Korean-built missiles fall on Ukrainian targets, Putin welcomes this rising regional instability, distracting the world from the battlefield between Kiev and Crimea. All the while, Beijing watches closely to determine whether the invasion of Ukraine is either a cautionary tale or a greenlight when it comes to Taiwan.

https://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2024/03/authoritarians-are-playing-win-america-cant-if-we-dont-show/395008/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson