Author Topic: Biden admin set to finalize major gas car crackdown over warnings from automakers, energy industry  (Read 362 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden admin set to finalize major gas car crackdown over warnings from automakers, energy industry
'This policy is bad for consumers, the economy and national security,' industry group tells Fox News Digital
 By Thomas Catenacci Fox News
Published March 18, 2024 4:00am EDT

The Biden administration is expected this week to finalize highly anticipated regulations targeting gas-powered vehicle tailpipe emissions, considered the tip of the spear in its efforts to electrify the transportation sector.

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is slated to issue the final rulemaking — which officials have boasted will incentivize greater adoption of electric vehicles (EV), but which opponents have criticized as a de facto mandate — as soon as Wednesday, industry sources told Fox News Digital. The regulations, a key part of President Biden's climate agenda, would ultimately force automakers to more rapidly expand electric options in their fleets beginning in a matter of years.

"It certainly won't do anything to improve human health. It won't do anything to reduce pollution," American Energy Institute president and CEO Jason Isaac, who has researched the EV market, told Fox News Digital in an interview. "We've proven in this country that we're already a world leader in clean air. All it's going to continue to do is push the costs of electric vehicles on to purchasers of internal combustion engine vehicles."

"This is purely being done for campaign reasons — to really appease the leftist large donor base that are the climate alarmists that are driving this movement towards really what is a forced energy transition, which is just increasing the cost of everything," Isaac added.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-finalize-major-gas-car-crackdown-warnings-from-automakers-energy-industry
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
EV's aren't dead just yet, but they are running on fumes.
No one but virtue signaling leftist big city loons want these POS. 
ICE for me till I die.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

Unless all this nonsense is overturned by the next president, we're going to be in quite a pickle whenever our current vehicles conk out. That's okay, I can walk 7 miles each way to the closest grocery store.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Unless all this nonsense is overturned by the next president, we're going to be in quite a pickle whenever our current vehicles conk out. That's okay, I can walk 7 miles each way to the closest grocery store.

They are on the verge of creating a whole new industry in this country, and THEY ain't going to like what emerges.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Somewhere in Joe Biden's America in 2025 ...

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
They'll have to pry my cold dead hands off the steering wheel of my V-8 IC Engine Trucks.  FUJB
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.